UPS and inverter questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UPS and inverter questions

if you are intending to put this thing into service..yeah new batteries wouldn't go astray.
    Id make sure its charging correctly .....stating the obvious they say

good luck with it and keep us posted andrew77
    (wish I could have been of more help)

Cheers all
    You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Well, I guess the charging circuit is working normally. When I first plugged in the UPS the current across F1 started at 330mA and gradually went down to 3mA. When I turned on the power it went up to 100mA and then it started it's self diagnostics on the inverter. It was 300mA on the inverter and when it went to normal operation it was at 600mA and gradually went back down to 4mA.

So the battery is probably just showing it's age after being out of use for a year.

Apparently the microcontroller does some kind of test on the battery because I was seeing the current reverse every few seconds.

The microcontroller seems to be pretty powerful for being used like it is. It's ST72F324J6T5 datasheet. 8-bit, 32K of flash for program storage, 1K of RAM, 4 timers, 10-bit ADC, ...etc.

I guess I'll just run these batteries till they die, new replacements looked to be about $40 with shipping included.

I know Davmax gave me some pointers on the parts, but I'm still having problems. Do you have some more suggestions about a good place to get all the parts I need, so I don't have to order from all over the place? I'm thinking about replacing all of the MOSFET's on the broken UPS and have enough spares left to do it again if needed.

STP19NB20 is supposed to be a direct fit, I guess. IRF540NSTRL is another equivalent and this one has to be D2PAK. The last one I'm not sure about, but I saw this one mentioned on a Russian forum IRFZ44N .

I think that just about covers it for now.

Comment

Andrew, You talk of replacing all MOSFETs. Really all?

that is 11 MOSFETs I believe. Please confirm.
        Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
        Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
        160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
        Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
        160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
        Samsung 18x DVD writer
        Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
        33 way card reader
        Windows XP Pro SP3
        Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
        17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
        HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

Originally posted by davmax
          Andrew, You talk of replacing all MOSFETs. Really all?

that is 11 MOSFETs I believe. Please confirm.
          That's my plan.

But, only on the one that is missing parts at the moment.

Comment

Right I have great replacements for you . All at Mouser.com

94-2358 replace with FQB33N10TM @ 99c ea (D2PAK)
            IRF3205 replace with NTE2991 @ $4.51 ea (TO220)
            IRF630 replace with FQP32N20C @ $1.70 ea (TO220)

Note that IRF540NL (94-2358) is not logic level gate.

When searching at Mouser or DigiKey use format
            MOSFET 100V 33A

to bring up required devices
            Last edited by davmax; 01-30-2008, 04:33 PM.
            Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
            Samsung 18x DVD writer
            33 way card reader
            Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

Originally posted by davmax

MOSFET 100V 33A

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

On further consideration replace 94-2358 with FQB33N10LTM a logic level gate device. This is because we are not too certain about the original device and a logic level device will make absolutely sure all possibilities are covered.
                Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                Samsung 18x DVD writer
                33 way card reader
                Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

I know that it has been a while, but just wondering if the photos and attachments from this thread are available somewhere, as they don't come up when I read the thread? Reference to photos, drawings and attachments, but no images!

I am in process of repairing the same unit and the photos and schematics would be very very useful!

Thanks,

Mitch

Comment

hello ,
                    I ve an APC RT 10000 , it display "" Internal Fault ""
                    What is the solution for this problem ,

Comment

Welcome, Aquaman and Seng, to the site most likely to help you repair your units. I've looked a lot elsewhere, this is the best.
                      Nontheless, UPS repair is a real tough one. I have gotten lucky a couple of times finding a loose connection on a battery, and a blown diode on another unit. Blown diodes are easy, they split down the middle! Everything else hides.....
                      There are some APC schematics available, but little else. The manufacturers don't want these units fixed, they want to sell new ones. As far as I'm concerned, anything below 500 watts is disposable. I'll look at one for an easy fix, but will not waste time on a small unit.
                      Personally, I would love to find a shop manual for some units, especially APC, which is the most common one I see. I'm expecting a shop manual to direct the repairman to the most likely parts to go bad, give clues, etc. It would be absolutely super if there were a diagnostic program and a serial hookup to a computer!

Comment

sengh: Oh wow, that's a really nice UPS!
                        Tell you what, create a new dedicated thread for it.
                        And Welcome to Badcaps

btw, we wont be able to help much without some internal pictures and a longer description, what happened, did it work before etc?
                        Oh, and be sure to be very careful when doing the disassembly, those batteries contain a very big charge and could damage the UPS if shorted (or kill you for that matter)
                        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

yes it works before ( 9 month ) and stop and display " internal fault'

Comment

In One SUKAM Falcon i Home UPS, the problem is that when I select the UPS mode, the inverter runs ok but when the mains AC supply comes back, the inverter does not run on MAINS, and it continues to run in inverters. plz help me out. I am a newbie here.........

thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks for all

Comment

Originally posted by chhoton View Post
                                In One SUKAM Falcon i Home UPS, the problem is that when I select the UPS mode, the inverter runs ok but when the mains AC supply comes back, the inverter does not run on MAINS, and it continues to run in inverters. plz help me out. I am a newbie here.........

thanks in advance
                                Hi, please create a new dedicated thread for your problems.

However, maybe this is helpful:

One of my three cyberpower ups's was suddently not noticing it was being plugged in. It would always run on battery. I realized it has a little red button on the back. Pressed it, and now it's fine. Might want to check if yours has this feature too!

Comment

That is the push to reset Thremal circuit breaker for the Main AC input.
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

hi
                                    please help me with a APC Smart UPS 750 or 500 schematic!
                                    thanks

Comment

The Rooskies have schematics, just Google your item.This is an example, I think it's the 500 Smart UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by davmax View Post

MOSFET 100V 33A

Originally posted by andrew77 View Post
                                        Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.
                                        Hello, I replaced the 94-2358 with the FQB33N10TM and doesn't work.
                                        I have to search another problem or may be is not compatible this Mosfet? I bought 2 from a Chinese shop, so may be these are poor quality but i tested 2.

FQB33N10TM has worked to someone instead of 94-2358?
                                        Thanks for reply

Comment

Working...
                                        X