Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BenQ W1070 Projector 5v rail

Originally posted by bermo96 View Post
    When I remove the two regulators UQ1 and UQ3 I have the 5V back, theirs output are shorted to ground in the circuit but when I remove them they aren't shorted. I've removed all the capacitors but the short is still there.
    when you say "all the capacitors" which "all" (ie. numbers) are you referring to?

Comment

There does seem to be a dozen caps on the TVDD_3.3V line and 5 on the CVDD_1.8V line, You can use a 1.5 volt battery and with ground connected, touch the positive from the battery to the shorted line (only for a second at a time) while keeping a finger on the suspected cap, If the ic is shorted it should get hot also.
      1.5 volts is below the 1.8 or the 3.3 the circuit would normally see, so the voltage won't harm the ic.

Comment

U29 is an ADV7612 (HDMI Receiver), when i remove U29 the shorts are gone and the voltage coming from the two regulators is good. I'm going to order a new one and hope for the best. Thanks for all your answers it was really helpful !

Comment

I've received the µc and everything is working fine ! Thanks everyone !

Comment

Thank you for following up on the repair. Good to here you have it working.

Comment

Working...
            X