Wifi Passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi Passwords

Hi, not sure if this is the right section or not.. but basically, i tried rooting my tablet (terrible idea) and it decided to no longer boot up, but thats fixed now and its restored and working. The only issue is that ive lost my wifi network passwords. I have a "WIFI.swi" from the kies backup i did but i cant restore this to the tablet, when opening it on notepad its just garbage (encrypted?) so i was hoping that maybe someone here would know how to decrypt it for me?

p.s Kies no longer detects my tablet as its running a custom rom

Edit: Link to the file http://www.campcobble.co.uk/kies/WIFI.swi
    Last edited by blasterboomer; 03-09-2016, 04:57 PM. Reason: added link to file

Re: Wifi Passwords

Its some Samshit Binary, not encrypted. Let me gave a whack at it.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

You dont just root the device you put custom rom inside is diferent.
      Now if you are using tab 3 or 4 from samsung keep in mind that some roms have some problems.The developer have to say what work and what no works.
      If you use odin to flash sometimes dont work properly.Make sure that the the rom is not corrupt(try to dowhload again) and select the reset button and reboot. After you done clear cache and dalvik cache and reboot phone.
      If the kies dont find the device is because you dont have the drivers install.Unistall it and dowhload again on pc.
      The big problem with the new samsung phones is that the knox on new official roms create a lot of problems if you want to root your device.
      Last edited by charis; 04-04-2016, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I sucessfully installed a non official cyanogenmod rom, it works perfectly so far. I just obtained all the networks again by asking the owners of them. Thanks for the help though

Comment

Working...
        X