Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuttle K45 motherboards

Dear,
    Thanks for this forum and I know I will surely get some help. I am computer repair technician for my institution. The institution has over 100 shuttles K45 cpu, with has 20 having bulging capacitors, after replacing all the bad capacitors with KZG, some came up to live but some still dead. Please is there any thing more than capacitor need to be check?
    Thank you all in advance.

Re: Shuttle K45 motherboards

when caps start to blow, they start to bleed too much voltage to the surrounding components. your power regulators are probably the second thing you might want to think about replacing if its still not working after replacing caps
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

KZG's are a bad choice for these. they can't stand heat.. of which there's a lot in those mini computers.
      replace ALL OST caps. not just the bulging/venting ones. OST's tend to fail without bulging.

also, do a CMOS reset ("BIOS reset") after replacing the motherboard caps and check the caps in the powersupply.

Comment

Thank you Uranium-235 and Scenic, I still has some questions, which types of capacitors do you recommend for this board,
        The power supply unit is the same one I used to test all the board I am working on.
        I do not think I can do the CMOS reset as the board is not coming up.

Comment

Working...
        X