Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Bobdee,

Another quick question. When i try to review the datasheet for 3193 some of the pages appear "blank". Do you see all the pages when you view the pdf file?

Before ordering the part i want to make sure the datasheets are comparable.

thanks again.

David

Comment

Bluestar are as sound as a pound,

get all 10 pages of datasheet, no blank pages.

bob
      Last edited by Bobdee; 03-30-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101
        Bobdee,

Before ordering the part i want to make sure the datasheets are comparable.

thanks again.

David
        Hello again David
        This should sort it for you,
        Go to posting 10 of the link below, the link on it will lead you to d/sheet of missing bit3713

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...3713%26hl%3Den

bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
          Hello again David
          This should sort it for you,
          Go to posting 10 of the link below, the link on it will lead you to d/sheet of missing bit3713

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...3713%26hl%3Den

bob
          Yep. I downloaded the 3193 datasheet and it looks like the same part. But only one GND on that
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Hi, I have the same monitor, failing the same as the others. I was going to get the caps that were described in post #23, with the Mouser numbers. But I see that in post #24 there were comments on the list. Did the list change after the comments? If I order the caps in #23 are they the correct ones? If the list changed, can one of you that ordered the caps give the corrected Mouser number?

Thanks,
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tgray
              Hi, I have the same monitor, failing the same as the others. I was going to get the caps that were described in post #23, with the Mouser numbers. But I see that in post #24 there were comments on the list. Did the list change after the comments? If I order the caps in #23 are they the correct ones? If the list changed, can one of you that ordered the caps give the corrected Mouser number?

Thanks,
              Tony
              You can either go to the #23 list or add the corrections/ upgrades PC suggested on #24.
              And welcome to the forums
              There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
              • Windows 10 Pro x64
              • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Hi,

I am back again with a question. I have not ordered the BIT3713 replacement part from Bluestar since I found what i thought was a replacement for the entire "PCB" board. But i wanted to ask a question.

MY power supply board (which looks similar to the one shown in the pics above) has the part number: DAC-19M005 DF (note the DF is hand written).

The part number of the power supply board in this posting above (which has the pics) is : DAC-19M005 AF (note the AF is hand written).

My question is this: I found a place where i can get a replacement board part number : DAC-19M005 BF (note BF is hand written) for very cheap....$30.

My question is can i use the BF board to replace MY DF board?

Comment

Hi,

I am back again with a question. I have not ordered the BIT3713 replacement part from Bluestar since I found what i thought was a replacement for the entire "PCB" board. But i wanted to ask a question.

MY power supply board (which looks similar to the one shown in the pics above) has the part number: DAC-19M005 DF (note the DF is hand written).

The part number of the power supply board in this posting above (which has the pics) is : DAC-19M005 AF (note the AF is hand written).

My question is this: I found a place where i can get a replacement board part number : DAC-19M005 BF (note BF is hand written) for very cheap....$30.

My question is can i use the BF board to replace MY DF board?
                  There are few guarantees in life, but this one sounds like a pretty safe bet. The hand written characters at the end of the part number are either version code, a revision level or a date code.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hi PlainBill,

Just want to be sure i understand your post.

So, can i be safe in assuming that the

DAC-19M005 (BF) will work for my DAC-19M005 (DF).

I hope so ...........

thanks.

David

Comment

Hi PlainBill,

Just want to be sure i understand your post.

So, can i be safe in assuming that the

DAC-19M005 (BF) will work for my DAC-19M005 (DF).

I hope so ...........

thanks.

David
                      Define 'safe'.

I would say there is a 90% chance that the DAC-19M005 (BF) is a slightly earlier version of the DAC-19M005 (DF), but functionally identical. The remaining 10% chance is that the two supplies are built on the same circuit board, but one version lacks some feature found on the other.

You state in an earlier post that the DAC-19M005 (AF) looks 'similar' to your power supply. What is the difference? Maybe a picture will help.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
                        Define 'safe'.

I would say there is a 90% chance that the DAC-19M005 (BF) is a slightly earlier version of the DAC-19M005 (DF), but functionally identical. The remaining 10% chance is that the two supplies are built on the same circuit board, but one version lacks some feature found on the other.

You state in an earlier post that the DAC-19M005 (AF) looks 'similar' to your power supply. What is the difference? Maybe a picture will help.

PlainBill
                        I second that. In fact, you can post a picture of the board you have, one of the board you're gonna get (if possible) and another of the board you reference from this thread.
                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I am enclosing the pictures of my westing house (436,437,438,and 439). The other picture (1049456001) is a pic of the "BF" board. The (436,437, 438 and 439) are pictures of my "DF" board. They look identical except for the "BF,DF,AF" and revision numbers.

Are there any other pics you need?

Note: My monitor is a westinghouse L2046NV
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
                            You can either go to the #23 list or add the corrections/ upgrades PC suggested on #24.
                            And welcome to the forums
                            All,

I was able to get my Westinghouse Monitor working by using the information from this thread. I have attached pictures of the repaired board.

1. I used the capacitors from Mouser as described in post #23, there were corrections to this post in #24, but I didn't know my electronics well enough to translate into a change in the Mouser order. (Note that this post was modified since I got the list and appears to have been corrected. The 1000uF 25V that I ordered was the wrong size, so these 2 caps were the only ones I didn't replace).
                            2. I did NOT replace the MOSFET's, but your problem may be different then mine.
                            3. I did find that the small fuse on the solder side of the board was blown (tested with a multi-meter, so I soldered a wire over it, this is not recommended and I need to find a replacement fuse so if the capacitors go bad again I don't fry the board beyond repair.
                            4. The 100uF 420V replacement for the 400V that was their it fine, just a little longer.
                            5. The attached pictures show the front and back of the board with red arrows pointing to repaired areas.

My monitor model number is L1975NW
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tgray; 04-11-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I am enclosing the pictures of my westing house (436,437,438,and 439). The other picture (1049456001) is a pic of the "BF" board. The (436,437, 438 and 439) are pictures of my "DF" board. They look identical except for the "BF,DF,AF" and revision numbers.

Are there any other pics you need?

Note: My monitor is a Westinghouse L2046NV
                              The 1975 and the L2046NV (just like the one I'm using now) use the same PSU. I say that you go for it. Also, please let us know where to get the PSU for $30 if possible. Maybe It can come handy later...
                              • Windows 10 Pro x64
                              • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Hi,

The board DAC-19M005 is found at discount-merchant.com

http://www.discount-merchant.com/We-...-viewsonic.htm

Comment

Hi,

The board DAC-19M005 is found at discount-merchant.com

http://www.discount-merchant.com/We-...-viewsonic.htm
                                  'Sorry, the following item is currently out of stock: "DAC-19M005 PC MONITOR - POWER SUPPLY FOR VIEWSONIC N/A - 2995302800'

Out of stock. But good price.
                                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                  • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Yes, i contacted the company and the item is indeed out of stock but they said they were going to be getting more in within the next month or so.

Comment

Yes, i contacted the company and the item is indeed out of stock but they said they were going to be getting more in within the next month or so.
                                      They have been out of stock for quite some time... Goodluck getting that, odds are you wont.

Comment

Thanks for the info. You might be right. I called the company today and they were still out and did not know when they would be getting any in.

I did have another question.

Regarding the MOSFETS:
                                        I could not find the "40T03GP" in mouser but i did find the following as a replacement. Is the following a good replacement?
                                        NTP45N06LG (from ON semiconductor.....MOSFETs- Power and Small Signal 60V 45A N-Channel).

Dave

Comment

Hi, I also have a bad fuse, Ware do i get one? can i find one on some scrap board i have.

Comment

Working...
                                          X