It's TV,LCD Monitor
    I pulled the Cap out thinking they all 3 of them are the same
    All SAMXON GFCMD
    2 Of them were 1200uF 25V
    1 of them was 1500uF 16v

any advice where to buy those 3 and also I read I have to go up
    and where can I put them I got mixed up
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wilywizzzz; 02-27-2011, 10:40 PM.

Re: Dead Trutech PLV16190 Power Supply LS1904006 D484

Cross posting or multiple posts in different subforums is frowned upon here. It confuses people and makes for duplicate work/effort on our part.

You can get caps at digikey.com. Get Panasonic FR, FM, or FC series.
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 02-28-2011, 02:04 AM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Not only did he cross-post, that's not even his unit. Gotta do better than post a ripped off, low rez image...
      "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
      Originally posted by shango066
      All style and no substance.
      Originally posted by smashstuff30
      guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
      guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Samxon GF is a known bad unit, and Jaycar is still selling them.
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

sorry guys
          I couldn't delete my first post when I put it in the wrong side
          I found out where to put them
          The only thing that I need to know :
          the 1200uF do I go 35v on that and what it could do if I go from 25 to 35
          and where to buy single
          and about the picture I got it from website

I can't believe how could you all bash a newbie for making mistake and humlate me for asking a question.
          Last edited by wilywizzzz; 02-28-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

here is all the info on these capacitor
            SAMXON
            1200uF 25V
            GFCMD
            V 7 A
            105 C8
            I don't know where to look and find them
            Help please

Comment

Originally posted by wilywizzzz View Post
              here is all the info on these capacitor
              SAMXON
              1200uF 25V
              GFCMD
              V 7 A
              105 C8
              I don't know where to look and find them
              Help please
              First of all, the more information you give us, the easier it is to help. You have done an adequate job there, better than many. Still one piece of information is missing.

Next, the preferred approach once you realized your initial mistake would be to attach a second post, requesting the thread be moved to the proper forum.

Japlytic gives two vital pieces of information in his response. First, Saxmon GF series are known bad caps - replace on sight. Next, Jaycar (whoever that is, Google would help) is still selling them. Of course, the first piece of information makes the second unnecessary.

That brings up the fourth point (no, we aren't close to done yet). Phrase your questions clearly. The first time I read 'I read I have to go up' it was meaningless. And the second time wasn't much clearer.

Which brings us to the fifth point. The people who insist you must go up in voltage don't know what they are talking about. Yes, capacitors will fail if the voltage across them is too high. That was not the problem in this case. Capacitors also fail prematurely if they are garbage. And the Saxmon GF series were garbage when they came out of the factory.

Now to the sixth point. Because of their reputation, most people prefer not to use Saxmon caps, although they have other series that are more reliable. Personally, I prefer Panasonic FR, FM, or FC series caps. Note that this is the same information retiredcaps gave. There are equivalent series from Rubycon, Nichicon, and United Chemicon which are every bit as good.

Now, just like Robert of Bruce, we get to the 7th point. In your posts you have not indicated where you are located. By your command of English, you could be in the USA. In that case, I suggest ordering
              P14426-ND EEU-FR1E122 $0.94 ea and
              P14400-ND EEU-FR1C152L $0.94 ea from Digikey. Use USPS First Class Mail shipping and you will get your parts on Wednesday at a total cost of about $5.00.

And the final point is, if you are located outside the USA, shipping could cost up to $50, so you should find another supplier.

PlainBill
              Last edited by PlainBill; 02-28-2011, 03:09 PM.
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

2 Of them were 1200uF 25V
                1 of them was 1500uF 16v
                any advice where to buy those 3 and also I read I have to go up
                and where can I put them I got mixed up
                The other guys explained where to buy them. As to where to put them...
                I'd give it a 99.9% chance the 2 1200uF's go together on left bottom.
                And the 1500 uF goes by itself on top left. Make sure to put them in the right way. Those capacitors have a polarity. The negative lead has a stripe on the side of the capacitor. On most boards you put that negative lead on the striped side of the circle on the board. Or it might have a -> | next to it. Just line up the striped side of the cap with the negative marking on the board. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you all
                  Thank you very much Plain Bill, Lumberjack777
                  I did order them all 3 shipped to Indiana was $5.18
                  Thank yo'll again

Comment

The rookie have done it.
                    it's all good just got done with it and worked great.
                    Thank you all

Comment

The rookie have done it.
                      it's all good just got done with it and worked great.
                      Thank you all
                      Congratulations.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                      X