Toshiba L650 power problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba L650 power problem

Well thanks for the not help but i managed to fix the problem.
    Its indeed the maxim 17435 that causes the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Angel View Post
      Well thanks for the not help but i managed to fix the problem.
      Its indeed the maxim 17435 that causes the problem.
      Dark_Angel,

Sorry you didn't got any help, I wanted to let you know if my fix for the maxim 17435 worked but I received the IC just yesterday and I haven't got any time to fix it yet. Could you share the process for replacing the chip? Im going to replace it next weekend!

Comment

Hi, can you tell me the easyest way to replace maxim 17435, thank you
        ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Comment

i a few day the new maxim 17435 will come to me, i do not want to break it, i think it is gonna be really difficulty to replace. Please, any advice?

Comment

does anyone have the circuit board diagram for toshiba equium L10-200

my Toshiba laptop is dead

any issues!!!!!?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by medoeng82 View Post
              does anyone have the circuit board diagram for toshiba equium L10-200

my Toshiba laptop is dead

any issues!!!!!?

thanks in advance
              Open a new thread!

Comment

well the maxim 17435 is here, just get mail. I think i am going to secure with tape that tolerable in high temperature so that chip would not moved when soldering.

Any other suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by rtstorm View Post
                  well the maxim 17435 is here, just get mail. I think i am going to secure with tape that tolerable in high temperature so that chip would not moved when soldering.

Any other suggestion?

Hello again! Long time since I posted in this thread about my problems with the L650.

I got the maxim chip like a month ago but had no time to replace it. Last weekend I replaced it, and the laptop works again!

What I did (using home kitchen tools):
                  1. take the laptop apart
                  2. Put a good amount of flux on the maxim chip
                  3. Using a hot air gun (with controllable airflow and temperature, and a small nozzle on the front) I de-soldered the IC, and with a tweezers I took it of the motherboard
                  4. cleaned the surface with some alcohol 96%
                  5. put some flux on the back of the new chip
                  6. positioned the new chip (took me some time) [Look with an angle on al 4 sides of the chip, to see if the chip contacts are properly aligned with the contacts on the motherboard.
                  7. Well now use the hot air gun again, first time I blew the chip right of the motherboard, so second time I put the temperature a little bit higher so I got lucky as one contact was already soldered before the chip could move. (I wish I had some heat resistant tape).
                  8. Now one contact being soldered, I took another good amount of flux, put it on the chip, align the chip 100% perfect again, put a little bit of pressure on the chip with the tweezers and solder it back on with the hot air gun.

Now, indeed I got a little bit lucky, heat resistant tape would be nice for the next time, saves me a lot of time and stress :P

I hope the above can help you with your replacement process

Greetz,

Kriseh
                  Last edited by Kriseh; 07-09-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

I did managed to replace it, i remove chip with hot air gun and put aluminium tape on half of the chip and solder that part of chip. Then i remove tape and solder rest of the chip.

This is the se ond time i worked with these king of chip and i managed to solder it. First time i was no luck.

Comment

laptop returned to me, now it wont start widouth battery. When battery plug in work ok.
                      Battery is empty (blink orange).

Any ideas?

Comment

i notices that voltages go crazy on pin 15 and 16 at U6000. It is going 4v,7v,10v,0v,2v,10, etc.

Is this again fail U6000, the last time i replaced it and all were ok.

Comment

i also hear some whine from that area of board. shpud i try to replace U6000 again? Not sure why notebook will work with battery, and wont work widout battery.

Comment

Maxim charging chip its fubar
                            Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

ok i will order 2 of those maxim (fubar) chips, i cannot belive that this is souch a crap

Comment

maybe something its wrong near maxim
                                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

i can suspect at Q6002 i have 19V on Drain and Source, but on Gate i have that wild voltage (2,7,10,3...etc), cn i bridge 19V to Gate?

Comment

i can suspect at Q6002 i have 19V on Drain and Source, but on Gate i have that wild voltage (2,7,10,3...etc), cn i bridge 19V to Gate?
                                    Dont do that, It could cause more damage because Q6002 will not be turned on fully and likely overheat.
                                    The Gates of Q6002 and Q6005 should be about 7v higher than their Sources, supplied from pin 14.
                                    The problem could be a leakage from the Gate to ground or Gate to Source.
                                    Is there any voltage drop across R6063?

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
                                      Dont do that, It could cause more damage because Q6002 will not be turned on fully and likely overheat.
                                      The Gates of Q6002 and Q6005 should be about 7v higher than their Sources, supplied from pin 14.
                                      The problem could be a leakage from the Gate to ground or Gate to Source.
                                      Is there any voltage drop across R6063?
                                      you mean R6036?

Comment

you mean R6036?
                                        Yes, thats right. It will tell us if there is any current flow through Q6004. The problem could be in so many places.
                                        And it seems that heating the PCB can make the fault disappear for some time.

Comment

on both sides of R6036 is 19V, no voltage drop

Comment

Working...
                                          X