Sony XBR-65X810C Not Powering on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR-65X810C Not Powering on

https://elektrotanya.com/?q=keres maybe check there for service manual, might list the expected voltages for backlight system.

Comment

I was reading a different post about keeping mainboard plugged in but jump power on with 3.3v standby to see if anything else activated the set/any change. I used a resistor to jump, (I think 880ohm) but on the other side of the resistor the voltage was only 1.8v. Would this be enough to fire up power supply? What ohm resistor would work?
      Really what I am trying to do is get the backlights on to know they work before I need to shell out $150 for a new mainboard. I figure I need to supply the backlights with 180v to get them to fire up? 60 leds needing 3v each?
      I do see that the 55” model uses the same mainboard but the stickers may be different. shopjimmy lists the model number as comparable as well as a couple other places on eBay I have Seen. Can anyone confirm if these are comparable boards if stickers have different numbers? Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thanks for any help

Comment

If I were you I would buy the LED tester so you can test the whole string right from the LED connector.
        Anytime you want to force on the power supply section, you must remove that signal wire going back to the main board first.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I have the same problem. How did you finally repair your tv ?

Comment

I am looking to purchase a new mainboard, but have not found one in my price range yet. I tried the firmware update but it was not successful. I believe the main is bad which Seems common on this model. Probably why the main boards are kinda hard to find for a decent price anywhere. Will eventually update this thread when I get a new board.

Comment

Looks like some there, according to shopjimmy the 55 and 65 boards will work, as always triple check your sticker numbers for the right match. https://tvpartdepot.com/products/son...94-595-12.html

Comment

I was looking on that site today funny enough. The boards are out of stock as there is no way to add them to your cart.

Comment

I don't know about the main board direction. Your testing around the backlights seems to indicate a backlight problem.... bl-er was set plus some of the voltages appear to show opens. Some systems will not start if you have exceed the number of errors for codes like backlighting (and others) unless you do a force on sequence and / or zero the counters.

Further, on sharp, I have found that the instructions for usb loading / formatting was wrong. The instructions indicated a fat32 format however, ultimately I found that only fat / fat16 worked. Prior to that, with fat32, I too, saw the usb flash slowly during the "software update on power plug in" but that was it. After reformatting appropriately, the system readily went thru the update sequence. Not saying that sony is the same but they do use sharp panel in alot of their sets and maybe also alot of common operating semantic. It costs nothing to try other formats.

Comment

Originally posted by WeadroW View Post
                    I was looking on that site today funny enough. The boards are out of stock as there is no way to add them to your cart.
                    Ok, well that's a bummer, looked like some decent prices.

Comment

Seems like you should be able to force the backlights on, did you fix that diode that was open?

Comment

Not sure about the XBR model, but on my much older KDL ccfl sony, the backlights pop on as soon as I unplug powerboard from mainboard, if XBR model should do the same but maybe it don't, then seems like a problem in backlights circuit.

Comment

[QUOTE=budwich;872591]I don't know about the main board direction. Your testing around the backlights seems to indicate a backlight problem.... bl-er was set plus some of the voltages appear to show opens. Some systems will not start if you have exceed the number of errors for codes like backlighting (and others) unless you do a force on sequence and / or zero the counters.

Budwich, do you know how to force on and zero the counters as you describe? I tried the different formatting of the usb, but as of now I'm not getting power to mainboard to even see the usb flashing. It has been so long that I have not worked on this set I could quite remember what the most recent fault was.

Comment

for some sets, its something like vol up and channel down while plugging in... search for those types of combinations. As for the "zeroing", you need to be able to get the system up so that you can get into the service menu.

You need to go back to basics and retest all the voltages on the power board in accordance with the printed labels on most boards. Not even seeing the usb flash isn't good compared to your earlier information that you posted.

Comment

Shame, I have an XBR-65X800B broken down for parts, wrong model tho.
                              They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

My XBR-65X810C doesn't turn on. My symptoms are : i plug it in, the USB key lights up steady, nothing else. With the remote or back button i turn on the tv. The center bottom light turns on bright white for 2 seconds then dims and stays there for life. Nothing displays on the screen. The USB key is still lit steady. From there hitting the power off on the remote or back button does nothing.

I swapped the power supply board from one on Ebay with no change. I then ordered a Main board (Ebay $175) that i could return if unsuccessfull. The tv still didn't turn on, but instead of starting with the bright center light that dims and stays on forever, as i plugged it in (without hitting the power on buttons) the USB key turned on first, then the bright center light then the dimming and the USB key turned off at the same time as the dimmed light. It restarted that loop forever.

So i swapped 2 major boards unsuccessfully. Of course i've tried all other basic recovery procedures before putting in the USB software key like hard reset, flashlight test and praying... The problem happened after i tried to plug the tv back in after it was unplugged from everything for 6 months (I'm a snowbird). Any ideas, nothing ever displays on the screen ?

Comment

Try update/reapply firmware thru usb.

Comment

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...810c#downloads

Comment

When i mention the actions the USB is taking (turning on/off), it's got the latest software on it with the right format and size. I've tried it with 2 different hardware USB devices. The tv just doesn't load it.

Comment

The update file (sony_dtv0FA50A09A0A9_00014300_153b00b8.pkg) must be copied or moved from the folder location to the root of your drive.

I have the same model with backlight not working. Mine is testing open from the connector plug(ch6801). I will work on it next week and let you know what i find.

Comment

Hello everybody. This is an old post, but I have the same TV model (XBR-65X810C) with the same problem (not powering on with the power supply connectors readings same as mentioned in the beginning of this post) the LED backlight strips tested good individually, but not turning on from the power supply.
                                          I would appreciate if the people who had the same problem mention how they managed to repair their TVs?

Comment

Working...
                                          X