Replacing a Capacitor in Asrock G31M-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a Capacitor in Asrock G31M-S

Hi I'm fixing my old g31m-s and I'd remove 5 blown capacitors, but I made a little mistake and I don't know where the 16v 470mf capacitor goes in this mobo (in this mobo only use a capacitor with these characteristics), I looking for a pic, a scheme or a help about it...thanks!

Re: Replacing a Capacitor in Asrock G31M-S

Originally posted by Quickgold View Post
    Hi I'm fixing my old g31m-s and I'd remove 5 blown capacitors, but I made a little mistake and I don't know where the 16v 470mf capacitor goes in this mobo (in this mobo only use a capacitor with these characteristics), I looking for a pic, a scheme or a help about it...thanks!
    Most photos of that motherboard are taken from the topside looking down. That makes it very difficult if not impossible to see enough or any printing on the sides of the caps. i suggest that you put your multimeter in continuity mode and put one probe in one of the +12 (YELLOW) connectors on the main power socket (20 or 24 pin) that is on the board and the other probe on the +POSITIVE cap holes one by one until you find either the lowest resistance or a BEEP. YMMV.
    Last edited by Sparkey55; 04-06-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

You state that you removed 5 caps in total. How many 470uf 16V did you remove? And what are the other 4 caps?

Comment

Only one, four are 6.3v 1000mf, in this mobo only one is 16v 470mf (there are another four 16v but with 1000mf near the cpu)

I did remove:
        1- 16v 470mf
        4- 6.3v 1000mf
        Last edited by Quickgold; 04-06-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickgold View Post
          Only one, four are 6.3v 1000mf, in this mobo only one is 16v 470mf (there are another four 16v but with 1000mf near the cpu)
          Asrock used GSC/Evercon for lots of the 1000u 6.3v units. Actually, any/all evercons should go.

Don't forget that Asrock marks the positive with a half-circle, not the negative! Replace a few at a time- easy to shotgun them and put em in backwards. Ask me how I know.
          Caught it before applying power, and did not cause a "kaboom."

If it actually requires a 16v part, it'll be tied to the +/- 12v supply.
          "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
          Originally posted by shango066
          All style and no substance.
          Originally posted by smashstuff30
          guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
          guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Thanks guys! I will try the second round on monday and I will tell how I go.

Comment

Hi folks I didn't hold it until tomorrow and I replaced the capacitors following your advices....and success..by the moment this PC is alive, is alive, is alive ....Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X