ZBU11 LA-A963P
    2014-10-09
    rev: 1.0(00)

Re: Dell E7450 ZBU11 LA-A963P BIOS DUMP NEEDED

you got it
    Attached Files

Comment

this one not working, LA-A961P does not have GPU while my LA-A963P has dedicated GPU

Comment

I also need this! Did you find it?
        This isn't Monaco... This is Baghdad

Comment

i found this but no satisfaction
          Attached Files

Comment

i have tried a million (maybe actually 5) different internet dumps, including several purchased from biosfix.

the power button illuminates, the fans spin for a few sec, then they HDD light flashes for a split second as everything stops. repeat. on the third try (in a row) i'll get a good fast spin from the fan for a few seconds, then it's back to the normal routine.

this laptop booted fine from the original bios (with unknown SVP), but i forgot to make a backup of the 4mb chip, so now i can't restore it to any bootable state, but i know for a fact it works fine.

help?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reverendalc View Post
              i have tried a million (maybe actually 5) different internet dumps, including several purchased from biosfix.

the power button illuminates, the fans spin for a few sec, then they HDD light flashes for a split second as everything stops. repeat. on the third try (in a row) i'll get a good fast spin from the fan for a few seconds, then it's back to the normal routine.

this laptop booted fine from the original bios (with unknown SVP), but i forgot to make a backup of the 4mb chip, so now i can't restore it to any bootable state, but i know for a fact it works fine.

help?
              The password is stored in the MEC5085 . You can find out which dell models have the password stored in the MEC by searching for the Statement of Volatility document per model .
              Flash the MEC if you have a kbc programmer, and the bios .
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

hello again SMDFlea. i hope that once again you might save me!

i cannot restore this laptop to bootable state. i made backup of UC2, but neglected to backup UC3 or UV9 before trying various internet dumps. most BIOS downloads include only UC2 and UC3, which suggest those alone are good enough to restore corrupted BIOS, but I have tried at least seven different packages now with no success.

Comment

i cannot restore this laptop to bootable state. i made backup of UC2, but neglected to backup UC3 or UV9 before trying various internet dumps. most BIOS downloads include only UC2 and UC3, which suggest those alone are good enough to restore corrupted BIOS, but I have tried at least seven different packages now with no success.
                  Plz post 1 pics bios password..

Comment

does anybody know what the UV9 chip does? most of the bios i download has only UC2/UC3, but some have UV9 also. i have tried flashing all three from two different matching sets with no luck, only quick fan spin and flash of LED lights.

i have taken internet dump and merged files, clean ME, and rebuild but no success. i did this with only UC2/UC3, no idea what UV9 is for.

Comment

do you still have original backup your UC2?
                      post here i'll try to help to rebuild new one for you...

Comment

Here is the original, unmodified UC2 dump.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here`s UC2 and UC3 with clean ME, also UV9
                          Attached Files
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Oh snap. I’ll buy you a beer if this works, I’ve spent probably $20 on internet dumps, hours translating Russian and Portuguese forums and registering to download dumps, etc. with no satisfaction.

I have to FULLY disassemble this unit to flash UV9, and then fully reassemble to test. I’m so sick of it!

Comment

You`ll still have the bios password after flashing. At post #9 imranromi said "Plz post 1 pics bios password.." . He may be able to give you a code to enter to remove the password.If the password can`t be removed that way, you`ll have to flash/edit the MEC .

Comment

yes yes, SVP is not mission critical, there are no lockdowns in place, it was simply an annoyance. if I can restore operation to this machine, i will pursue that as well... i don't believe this laptop is old enough to unlock with the hash, but certainly worth a shot.

Comment

Here is the original, unmodified UC2 dump.
                                  here you can try IF smdflea files doesnt work...
                                  Your orginal bios are ver. A019
                                  so base on your original file ... i try to rebuild UC3 from extracted e7450a019.exe and UC2 withclear NVRAM...
                                  UV9 use from smdflea...
                                  goodluck
                                  Attached Files

Comment

@SMDFlea, once again, you are my hero. haven't seen that laptop POST in almost a week.

i decided to take apart the laptop, and use a dremel to expose the BIOS chips so i could do this without taking everything apart and putting it back together.

after all that work, i flashed SMDFlea's BIOS, and it booted right up. oh well.

I COULD KISS YOU ON THE MOUTH. but i won't.

there's no sound tho, so it appears i'll have to tear it back down and figure out what gives. i am so over this laptop.

i can't thank you all enough, and wish i had the skills to sort these UEFI bios out myself.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Glad its working,i`ll settle for a beer thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        Here`s UC2 and UC3 with clean ME, also UV9
                                        thanks so much
                                        working fine
                                        Last edited by piernov; 12-14-2019, 03:23 AM. Reason: remove formatting

Comment

Working...
                                        X