Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

too good of caps?

Originally posted by tmiha71 View Post
    Nice thread, but I see lot of Panasonic's FJ caps...
    If there are at the rear USB connectors, I would replace them with Rubycon XYG 8x11 1000uF, even used ones are good for that place...

Reason for replacement - too good caps (??), on wrong place ...

To add, through time, inductive, capacitive, or even resistive bond is created, and is main cause of that behavior...
    Most likely some caps died, and can not swallow current... And because they're FJ's - most likely PSU caps took big hit...

Comment

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
      x2

I don't see how "too good of caps" would cause a problem either. The PSU's wires have enough resistance so that the PSU never really "sees" the low ESR of those "too good caps" on the motherboard.

Comment

That's for sure, that PSU wires have higher resistance than traces on mobo....

ROFL

Comment

This helped me fix my Asus P5E deluxe. It also had the Chassis Intruded fatal error. Took me only a few seconds to find the right transistor, thanks to the directions.

It's not perfect yet. Is it possible that my 3.3v point comes on too late? If I do a cold boot it gives me the error, but when I reset everything is fine.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks and give people looking for a solution for their P5E deluxe some directions. So I added a picture of the fix for the P5E deluxe. The transistor is located in the bottom left corner of the motherboard. Underneath the winbond chip.
          Attached Files

Comment

I see you pulled 3.3v from a resistor. Maybe that's part of some other circuit and it takes a little while to charge. Try finding a capacitor with 3.3v on it, that should charge up quickly (as it'll be directly across a 3.3v regulator) and it should work on a cold boot as well.

The capacitors are the brown colored parts with no marking on them.
            Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 01-27-2014, 12:36 PM.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks, I'll find another spot and post the picture. If it goes into hibernation or sleep mode now, I can't get the computer to turn back on heheh

Still, this is a lot better than Chassis Intruded: Fatal Error...

Comment

I found a new spot, but it seems that I can't get my computer to wake up anymore if it goes to sleep, and also it doesn't want to turn off anymore. Could this have something to do with it? Should I just find an alternate point again?

Comment

Shouldn't happen. What happens when you try to turn the computer off? Do the fans remain spinning?

Try to clear CMOS again and also clean that area on the board well using isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush.
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Yes, the fans remain spinning. I'll clear the CMOS again and I'll clean the board.

Comment

So, there we go... Thanks for the help Th3_uN1Qu3! Found a new 3.3v point, cleaned the board and reset the CMOS. Everything is working now.

In the attachment is my final solution for the Asus P5E Deluxe
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good job! Another board saved from the landfill.

Comment

can u plz help me my motherboard is P5k-VM
                          and i also get the same problem (chassis intruded fatal error system halted)
                          dont know how to fix that :/

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I have a P5E3 with same problem. My chassis intrusion connector is by the front panel header and the board power LED and the super I/O controller is in the top corner like the P5KE shown but no transistors are near it. Can anyone help me identify the correct sot-23 on my board? I certainly would appreciate it. There are 4 transistors surrounding the intrusion connector but none are marked sot-23.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyd View Post
                              There are 4 transistors surrounding the intrusion connector but none are marked sot-23.
                              SOT-23 is just the package specification (look up SOT-23 on Google images and you will see what I mean). The actual marking on the transistor will vary, depending on what it is.
                              Last edited by momaka; 04-03-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I have seen this error on a P6T Deluxe V2 socket 1366 motherboard, is it likely the same solution ?
                                Also, it appears that cleaning the board well could resolve this as well, is that correct ?

As old as this thread is, its the first solution I've seen, in a LOT of looking, that seems to delineate the exact CAUSE of the fault. Very, very useful information.

Thanks very much to the OP, btw !

Comment

try replacing the jumper that bypasses the chassis switch

Comment

Have an easier workaround, following are the steps :

<1> Remove the front USB and audio connectors from MB
                                    <2> Remove the reset switch connector
                                    <3> Reset BIOS using the Jumper / removing CMOS
                                    <4> Reset BIOS Settings and reboot your PC and things should be Up and running.

Let me know if this works for you too.

Comment

got same problem on my P8h61-m2, help me please! tia

Comment

Th3_uN1Qu3

Please help me with my PK5 DELUXE mother board that surely need that "remove transitor fix" cant know for sure wich one is it and i don't wanna mess something up.

Thanks

Comment

Please post clear pictures of the mainboard and a close-up of the Winbond chip area.

Comment

Working...
                                          X