cheaper Hakko tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheaper Hakko tips

I need to buy some tips for my soldering station, and I'm not sure where to buy them from. Some time ago, PCBONEZ was writing about a seller in China who was selling Hakko tips that seemed genuine. This seller still has a store on Vendio, the problem is that each tip is listed 3 times (see here, here and here), sometime with the wrong picture. They might come from 3 different sources, so if some of them are still genuine, there's probably no way to tell before buying. I tried to PM PCBONEZ to ask him if he bought something recently from that store, but I got no reply. I noticed last time he posted on the forum was in february last year. What a heck happened to him?

Anyway, has someone followed his advice and bought tips from the store on Vendio? My other option would be ebay. What exactly is the difference between a low quality tip and a high quality one? I know that the better tips last longer, but is it also a difference in performance? Do genuine tips perform better?

Re: cheaper Hakko tips

I am using goot tip long time no any problem. Try is http://www.goot.co.jp/e/detail.html

Comment

The cheap Chinese Hakko clone tips are made of solid iron or nickel - not copper.
      They have poor performance because copper conducts heat 4-5x better, but unfortunately it costs a lot more. The clones can be advertised as "copper-plated" but still iron or nickel; and the machining is not the best.
      I pay around $10 for a genuine Hakko tip, and DX has copper-plated iron or nickel ones for $0.85 each.

Comment

They're only copper plated? Wow. I didn't imagine that. On the bright side, as they're cheap, I can cut one in half. If it's solid copper inside, I'll buy more. I'm a beginner and I'm experimenting at the moment with various sizes and shapes, so I need to buy several tips.

Comment

Well I'm full of it (again) I checked all of my soldering tips and every one is magnetic - so there's iron in all of them, I guess.

The cheap Chinese tips, some are advertised as iron, some copper, some nickel, with huge price differences. I guess it's buyer beware.
          I pay $10 and my tips last years, especially if you don't use the brass hairball tip cleaner.

Comment

I heard these guys are pretty cool and are one of the largest genuine authorized Hakko distributors in the US: http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...t/?q=hakko+tip

I'm a little biased though

Thanks,
            Jimmy Vosika
            Director of Partology
            ShopJimmy

Comment

Hello Jimmy!
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Dos Jimmi sell the hollowed-out tips for Hakko ?

Comment

Sorry, meant 'Does Jimmy sell the hollowed-out tips for Hakko ?'

Comment

Hmm Shopjimmy, name seems really familiar....

Welcome!
                    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

We have what one would call a well tip or wave tip -- the center of the tip has a small indentation in it to hold solder. Is that what you're referring to? If so, let me know what station you have and I'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks guys,
                      Jimmy

Comment

Yes, thats correct - need those tips for hakko 888D.

Comment

Working...
                        X