DIY PSU load tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY PSU load tester

The reason it dropped dead is because i don't really have an use for it - i don't fix PSUs too often. However with minor adjustments it can also be used as constant resistance instead of constant current - will help in making less noise with those big class D amps i'll be building.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      The reason it dropped dead is because i don't really have an use for it - i don't fix PSUs too often. However with minor adjustments it can also be used as constant resistance instead of constant current - will help in making less noise with those big class D amps i'll be building.

DUDE! WTF?!??!?!?!

I read all 6 pages of this thread, with the suspense and action building with each post . . . . them BAM!!! I turn the page, and some butthole ripped out the last chapter of my book!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't leave us hanging like that . . . I mean, not even one picture . . . you're cruel!

Comment

^
        I finished the thread.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

In the meantime, i have acquired a huge heatsink (will do 1kW+), but never gotten around to mounting the transistors on it.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
          X