PDA will not start up without battery, despite AC adaptor attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDA will not start up without battery, despite AC adaptor attached

I found that some PDAs (one of which is a HTC Galaxy 100) will not start up unless a battery with some charge is fitted, even though an AC adaptor is connected to it (the Galaxy 100 charges through the USB connector).
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: PDA will not start up without battery, despite AC adaptor attached

Hasnt it always been like this for portable devices?
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Re: PDA will not start up without battery, despite AC adaptor attached

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post
      Hasnt it always been like this for portable devices?
      Yes, at least in the 2000s. For example, my current Android phone (LG Optimus V) attempts to shut down gracefully when the battery is removed while it is plugged in the AC. It then displays the message: 'Battery Required.' [Of course, just powering the phone without the battery at all while on the AC would show that same message.] Then again, every LG phone I owned since 2004 complained about a missing battery.
      Last edited by Ami Sapphire; 04-27-2012, 01:53 PM.
      Recovering a BEFSR41 v1 and v2 router from solid red DIAG Light
      I have two v2s and one v1.

I am still looking at these boards nearly every day.

What I'm doing: Planning an upgrade of my mining setup from Block Erupters to Red Furys. Though, if the Block Erupters don't sell, I will keep using them for a while.

Comment

Working...
      X