Non standard PC video controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non standard PC video controllers

So far, I have identified ten PC video controllers (other than the many SVGA units) which require special treatment which are: Hercules 720x348 Monochrome, Olivetti/AT&T/PVC Display 640x400 Monochrome, IBM XGA and XGA-2, IBM 8514/A, Compaq Portable Plasma, Tandy 320x200 16 colour, Texas Instruments TIGA, Profressional Graphics Adaptor (PGA), IBM PCjr Colour Graphics, and the ATI EGA Wonder.

Also, I noted that Tseng and Trident were the most supported chipsets for DOS games supporting SVGA graphics before VESA BIOS extension usage became popular.

Are there any other non standard PC video controllers which I did not cover in consideration of emulation?
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Non standard PC video controllers

you missed the 24KHz one.
    was it EGA??

Comment

Re: Non standard PC video controllers

Originally posted by stj View Post
      you missed the 24KHz one.
      was it EGA??
      No.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X