LG 55LA7400-UD Dark on right side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55LA7400-UD Dark on right side

Hi there, I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I have a LG 55LA7400-UD LED TV. When I first turn it on and it's starting up, everything is fine. After a few seconds however it will go dark on the far right side. After about an hour or two it would go completely dark. I figured out that it was a backlight problem, since I still had sound and was able to see the picture if I pointed a flashlight at it. I replaced the LED driver board and that improved my issue. Now it's back to only being dark on the far right edge. It looks like one of the LED strips shuts down. My question is, how do I begin to troubleshoot this ? Could it be a bad connection / solder ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: LG 55LA7400-UD Dark on right side

Also, how hard is it to remove the LED strip ?

Comment

Don't know about this particular tv but you will likely have to do a complete teardown to get to the strips. In other words the lcd panel itself along with diffusers and whatever else might be in there must be removed to get to the strips - they cannot be accessed from the back of the set. Good luck.

Comment

Sounds like fun.

Comment

Not exactly the word I would use lol.

Comment

Is there a way to troubleshoot the LED'S ? I mean they do all fire up initially. I would hate to start replacing strip on a gut feeling.

Comment

No real way to troubleshoot the leds without getting to them. Other option is the led drivers but doesn't seem likely to me. To get some help on testing those you'll have to post good clear pics of the back of the set and of the driver area AND wait for someone more knowledgeable in circuit testing to come along.

Comment

I know this thread is 2.5years old, but just want to add to it to help anyone else landing here. I had the same problem with this set, except mine was a little way in from the right hand side. It would work fine initially, but after a minute or so the backlight would partially go out. I got my hands on a cracked screen 55la6620 for $20, and used the led strip to replace mine, that fixed the problem. It is an single strip edge lit (from the bottom). Big job to swap them, ALOT of screws, but not exactly hard. Upon testing the individual leds on the old strip I found around half of them to be faulty.

Comment

Working...
                X