Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2405FPw Smudge Mark

Hello!
    I am very new to this forum. I posted in new members section & I did some searching regarding the question I have. However, I could not find anything specific to the issue at hand.

The Dell 2405 FPW has a smudge mark on it, shown below. It looks like a horizontal "J" between the Apple Logo & Spinning Gear. I think it is from someone cleaning the surface too roughly. Can anyone validate this is the issue or is it something deeper? I feel the experts on this forum can quickly diagnose my issue.

P.S. what brought me here is my Samsung SyncMaster T240, its so dim can hardy see the menu. With light reading I could tell this forum and everyones knowledge, I am in the right place to start a new project...

As for the Dell, I'd figure this would be a walk in the park for most of you out there.

Thanks again,

Chris K.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 2405FPw Smudge Mark

That's looks like what is known as a pressure mark. Pressure damage. Some people make the mistake of storing, or transporting, or shipping an LCD with the screen side down. On top of something hard that presses against the screen for an extended period. This causes the liquid crystals to become displaced. It's usually permanent. You can try massaging the screen in that area, but it's never worked for me. This is why people need to transport or store an LCD with the screen side up. Or protect the screen with like cardboard if shipping or transporting with the screen side down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack777 View Post
      That's looks like what is known as a pressure mark. Pressure damage. Some people make the mistake of storing, or transporting, or shipping an LCD with the screen side down. On top of something hard that presses against the screen for an extended period. This causes the liquid crystals to become displaced. It's usually permanent. You can try massaging the screen in that area, but it's never worked for me. This is why people need to transport or store an LCD with the screen side up. Or protect the screen with like cardboard if shipping or transporting with the screen side down.
      Thanks for the quick response!

I figured it must have been something like that. I just acquired this monitor and will give it quick message to see if it changes. Can this damage the life of the monitor by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Macdev View Post
        Thanks for the quick response!

I figured it must have been something like that. I just acquired this monitor and will give it quick message to see if it changes. Can this damage the life of the monitor by chance?
        No, this is just displacement of the liquid crystals in that area. The internal components are exactly the same. The power board, inverter, backlights, etc are exactly the same. I've seen worse pressure damage, and all over the screen. So hopefully you can just get used to it.

Comment

Working...
        X