Added BadCaps to wikipedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added BadCaps to wikipedia

As I am a big user of Mozilla Firefox (used to be big Opera supporter, but they are sucking wind these days), I tend to have TONS of tabs open at a time. Eventually, I bookmark the useful/good pages and get rid of the rest. Tonight, I was closing a bunch of these and one page I had open was Wikipedia's article on capacitor plague. So noticing BadCaps was absent from the external links, I felt duty-bound to add the site to it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacit...External_links

As impulsive as it was, I hope it was alright to do, if not it would be easy enough to take it off if there are any objections.

Cheers
    Bri
    If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Re: Added BadCaps to wikipedia

Your link was already removed. (By someone else)
    Wikipedia articles need to be written subjectively.
    It can be argued that when you link to a site offering recapping services that it is not subjective.
    Especially if it is not used as a reference in the written text...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped..._to_be_avoided
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Ruh-Roh Raggy

Hmm, I didn't think that BadCaps fell into that category. Looking at that page, I'm guessing it falls under rule number 5?
      If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

that's the reason why it was reverted.
        the only thing you could try would be to link this forum instead of the badcaps.net main page as a source of infos and howto's .. it probably wouldn't help topcat, but have a somewhat higher chance of staying in there.

one thing i don't get is why capacitorlab always stays in there even though that site links to several cap sellers (including badcaps.net btw). shouldn't that link be removed aswell then?

i just don't get the wikipedia sometimes with their ridiculous rules and mods/admins reverting stuff or doing speedy deletions of fresh, well documented/sourced articles (been there done that.. spent 2 days on an article and looking for reliable sources and how long did it stay in the wikipedia before it was deleted entirely? 7 minutes.. fuck that.. not gonna do anything for them anymore)

Comment

Uhhh, they spend lots of money at the donation time??? Wait a minute, That's Willawake's site!!! Any comment's Will?? Seriously, I can see their point, however it is not as though BadCaps is purely or even "primarily" commercial. Funny though that Will's site links back here anyway. I see Fleabay, Amazon and other Fortune 500's represented there. Hmmm, perhaps it's time to have a BadCaps Wiki entry LOL!

BadCaps.net Jimmy Wales

Comment

Working...
          X