Thanks Topcat and badcaps.net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Topcat and badcaps.net!

Just wanted to say thanks to Topcat and the badcaps community. I started my account here a few months ago when I had an LCD to repair with some bad caps. The community came through with quick advice on replacement caps. Within a few days I had a new (to me) 19" LCD to compliment my existing 22".

Then, a few days ago my Gateway PC (ECS mobo) gave up the ghost as I sat here using it. I've been a computer geek since my age was in the single digits, but for me, repairs were always part swaps -- never component level.

With the knowledge I gained from this community, I confidently searched for the culprit(s), which ended up being two swollen OST caps. I ordered some replacements from badcaps.net, which arrived only a few short days later (even over the holiday!). I just finished the repair a couple hours ago, so I decided to fire up Prime95 and post this note...

Again, thanks!

Re: Thanks Topcat and badcaps.net!

congrats on the successful recap!

btw, welcome to the forum!
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Very Cool! I have been the same way my self, but in this economy........... When my 42 inch went bad I knew it was a PSU, saved myself around $600 or more as I usually buy bigger.
      Also great to know I can buy all my caps from here, I'll have to find out more about this. Is there a link you could post?
      X99 5930K
      X99-gaming 9
      EVGA 1080 Vanilla
      Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
      SSD'S
      Corsair AX1200

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/store/
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X