Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 43uh610v

Hi,
    This tv have a blue tint colour on the background. I dissasambled the panel and most part of leds have blue light. Only few leds in the middle of the panel has white colour. Is 3 rows with 8 leds each. The power supply for backlight is 77v/600mA. I checked and I had 76.5v , backlight 100 on settings.

Could be power supply faulty, or I have to change the leds ?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Lg 43uh610v

I recently saw a post similar to this, with the blue/purple light background that turned out to be the backlights were purple. I would replace ALL the backlight strips to the normally used cool white type. You would have to verify if they a3V or 6V LEDs. I think however they may just be the usual 3V type. That will solve your problem before any circuits/component go bad.

Comment

I remember that post... https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=purple+leds

Comment

It is odd, from what I read, they can turn blue when they get old/worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by r_j View Post
          +1

Comment

Well at least you know the LED Driver is working and so to everything else on this TV. My recommendation would be to replace ALL the Backlight strips as suggested previously.

Comment

An overdrive led go blue .

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Comment

This backlight is with 1 + 2 row,1 bar with 8 leds in line = 24V, another's two bars 8x3+8x3=48v. I power up first bar with 24v from an external adjustable power supply and is the same thing like with board from tv.
                I order 3 bars from internet.

Comment

I changed the all 3 strips LED and now is working. Thank you for attention

Comment

It looks as though this problem may now becoming more of an issue but well worth knowing the cause.
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by tehmatix View Post
                      Thanks for the feedback. We are happy you got your TV going again. Just remember to turn the Backlight setting to 65 on All the inputs and Modes. This will prevent a repeat failure in the future. Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by tehmatix View Post
                        I've got the same problem, but can't seem to find where to buy the replacement LED strips, any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by We1shcake View Post
                          I've got the same problem, but can't seem to find where to buy the replacement LED strips, any advice?
                          Hi, I bought them from eBay

Comment

The problem is with the yellow coating on each LED cracking. If youremove the lense you will see that the yellow coating has failed therefore changing the colour of the LED from a white colour. This is happening to all LG Tvsincluding 43” 49” 55” and theworst thing is the LEDS aren’t available only full replacement strips

Comment

Working...
                            X