Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony OLED XBR65A8G no video, PSU problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony OLED XBR65A8G no video, PSU problem?

yours panel module are other version i show you.. between yours photo show the LVDS to T-con not correct,, this can damage pins,, inspect and seat correctly

if no joy the panel module face hit at surface and got shorted at the left down side..
    only one way if you have lucky, run as stand alone and with finger tap on the area i mentioned.. be caution it could make fire too.

sorry i don't have other good news

Comment

All flex connectors are properly seated, i double checked. Also in standalone if I disconnect flexes it still shows that vertical line. So basically any 1 flex connected to lcd produces that line. Means bottom driver is shorted or something. Can we disable it somehow to get screen working but having non working left side of the screen?

Comment

Tried tapping bending doesnt change anything. Also line pattern seems to change a bit when tv wasnt powered on for 2 days

Comment

just for information... on the panel puffer boards nothings there only one IC 8 pins with TX &RX located on the right side when you looking at panel from back side.
          we cant do any things for shut down signal unless you have access to see the buffer boards and this impossible at your case

i show you photo before at your case should be 1664C ribbon on right side (you look from the back)
          on your risk cut the plastic cover the buffer boards so you can see as i think you are with rich knowledge

Comment

So you want me to cut here? Tried to find any photos on how does it look under that cover but there are none. I will probably destroy it when cutting if I dont know what is inside
            Attached Files

Comment

consider yours Panel model shorted... do what ever you like-- if you believe its T-CON or MB go head and buy replacements

Comment

I mean right now this tv is probably still worth some money like $100 but if i cut it and destroy it then it will be junk completely. I was just asking how are the chances if i cut it successfully could we disable that driver or not

Comment

Originally posted by flusher View Post
                  I mean right now this tv is probably still worth some money like $100 but if i cut it and destroy it then it will be junk completely. I was just asking how are the chances if i cut it successfully could we disable that driver or not
                  1% you will succeed..
                  li think this where you need to give try by hide.. as its sandwich hard to tell but this part going direct to the last COF
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    1% you will succeed..
                    li think this where you need to give try by hide.. as its sandwich hard to tell but this part going direct to the last COF
                    you mean i should try to isolate those pins on that flex?

Comment

you mean i should try to isolate those pins on that flex?
                      yours panel had short at cells, isolation will not work. because the cells will keep receive EVDD no way to terminated this.. but as theory if we block the error signal from panel to T-CON driver boards to avoid T-CON turn off... theory we will have on the rest cells picture but also the shorted one will remain at its condition,, and one time just for fun i did.. the panel get fire after more than 6 continues hours ... i think here also i read some one with standalone panel test he got fire at the shorted cells.
                      this is 99% which will happen in case the 1% you got succeed.

this why i said while you run standalone test click with finger on the line with hope you terminated the feed of EVDD on the shorted cells

when screen black or one color pattern mean you succeed
                      Last edited by Diah; 01-23-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

thanks for the explanation. i fully understood what you wrote. the only question i have in theory is there a way to cut evdd to those columns to simply disable them? glass should have those chip on edges, well i though if it is possible to reach them you can cut it and you'll just have black bar and no fire. i also heard about some professionals use laser to find and disable lines on lcd if driver fails but that is just an expert work which i am not capable to do of course.

Comment

thanks for the explanation. i fully understood what you wrote. the only question i have in theory is there a way to cut evdd to those columns to simply disable them? glass should have those chip on edges, well i though if it is possible to reach them you can cut it and you'll just have black bar and no fire. i also heard about some professionals use laser to find and disable lines on lcd if driver fails but that is just an expert work which i am not capable to do of course.
                          No. because EVDD lines the wide 2 lines located at the back side of the panel. and there way totally around the screen.
                          Attached Files

Comment

So I have been curious and spent 20 minutes looking at tcon and motherboard one last time and figured out how to disable tcon error at least for motherboard. I could not find any way to disable it on a panel side. Tcon detects it on any 1 bottom cable to panel plugged in meaning only one thing it detects current and sees short on evvd line. So there is nothing i can do. So I found label and found a test point which is raising to 3.3v when it has an error. So I shorted it to ground. I have all cables connected. Tv powers on. Not shutting down. Intro music starts to play. But there is still a line, some green on screen and no image anywhere, not even in corners. Waste of time and scrap. But attaching a pic below. Maybe someone will need for testing purpose, DO NOT BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !
                            Attached Files

Comment

.!
                              with your found the T-CON already shutdown. but you trick the MB to keep on.

on the Panel Module buffer boards there are only 1 8-pin IC on each side.
                              their SDA and SCL connected to the ribbon socket (1 at Left side and 4 on the R side ) L&R we talking now as you look to the TV from front display.

i don't know which protocol they communicated with t_CON but i think its I2C, and of sure the BOTH are SLAVE and as you can see from the photos they are the Thermal Shutdown Protection. you may find on T-CON the MASTER

the location of this SDA/ SCL pins of the ribbon socket are at the middle in my case and they are one beside other.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Diah; 01-27-2022, 03:10 AM.

Comment

So for you it just worked to mask those pins so the slaves ics wont report errors?
                                How can i reach full buffer board without damaging the housing? Is it possible?

Comment

i used bread knife after i heat it by flame. you can try first the hide 2-3 pins at the middle of the effected side socket other wise i think you have on T-CON chip EVSS.

Comment

by the way i have question for you... when you hear the music of start.. did you look at the audio optical port if it lit red or not ??

Comment

Yes Ive seen red light at optical port. Also I do hear music because I did hard reset holding vol - and power buttons and it was blinking green at front.

Comment

Hello, Awesome thread. Very informative posts by Diah!

Sony KD-65AG8 (should be the same as the XBR I think). Four red blinks on LED, no picture, no sound. Optical port lights up red, I was able to go through with factory reset as per Sony instructions (LED turns green, TV reboots and LED turns white for a short while then red blinks again).

Ran T-Com standalone as in post #4. Voltages on PSB terminals:

STBY: 3.48v
                                        REG_12V: 12.65v
                                        EVDD: 22.0v
                                        TCON_12V: 12.65v

No picture what so ever on the screen. How do I know if the panel is dead or the t-con?
                                        Last edited by mathlu; 11-24-2023, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X