Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 3521 battre not charging

Dell 3521 battre not charging

Need help anyone have the schematic of charging circuit side the battery Dell 40Wh, any one knows how to reset cycle count circuit , test the battery 16V no leaking but no voltage on battery terminal , windows show 94% but not charging no fault in MB test the MB with another battery pack working ,

The smart battery of a laptop has a circuit chip that keeps a cycle count number of times the battery has been recharged. Some manufacturers design their battery in such a way that it cannot be charged beyond a certain number of cycles, say 600 cycles (600 times). This is just for business as you have to buy a new
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Techtiger; 01-22-2020, 02:48 AM.

Re: Dell 3521 battre not charging

There's no hard limit in cycle count as far as I know. Except that obviously the cells degrade and lose capacity, and at one point they can also fully short or only get surface charge (at that point when disconnecting the AC adapter the laptop shuts down instantly). Internal resistance can also increase so it cannot give enough current and the laptop shuts down under high load.

However I don't see an issue with a battery that maxes out at 94%. It may recalibrate after a few full charge/discharge cycles, but if it doesn't no big deal. At 600 cycles it doesn't have its original capacity anymore anyway.

In any case yes you can mess with the BMS, but no I don't recommend it. Never good to mess with batteries. Just for the knowledge it is possible to use a CP2112 breakout board and send SMBUS commands to the battery. Some tools like be2works make this easier, and they also integrate a bunch of unlock keys that you'll need to actually edit important parameters.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Dell 3521 battre not charging

Thanka piernov
      i wll give try with CP2112 breakout board with be2works

Comment

Working...
      X