hp g62 010170100-600-g power on and immediatly power off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp g62 010170100-600-g power on and immediatly power off

Hi friend this laptop have a strange problem at press power button the laptop power on for one second the fan work and the wifi indicato on in orange color and immediatly power off and one second later qutomatically power on and power off continually. I have see the mb and not see any componet damage fisically, waths append ? thanks

Re: hp g62 010170100-600-g power on and immediatly power off

Hello there, you should reprogram the bios chip 1st, cause it is a common fault on these kinds of laptops. That being said there is a chance that the machine is in a protected state due to overheating and the north bridge might as well be fried.
    And try to be sure of the Charger you are using, it has to be an hp 90W psu, the smart pin thing is a real pain in the ***.

Comment

I thought it was bios but in the forum I did not find any dump, do you have one? when this happened the pc issued a distorted sound and got stuck, when then I restarted it did this phenomenon

Comment

what was running on the laptop when this happened?
        have you checked the mainboard to discover a hot IC or anything wrong?

Comment

Yes, nothing chip or component are hot, the laptop power on and off continually when the problem appeared the handset was running properly, I unplugged the power cord, the battery was plugged in and the screen disinked and the buzzer sounded very loud. when I turned off the laptop and restarted it started to do this. Help :-(

Comment

it does not seem a Bios issue. it is probably something like a power problem. but I am not sure. the only way is to check mainboard components according to schematics. first check the AC adapter as recommended in post 2.

Comment

MB Code??? Does it has ATI Graphics??

Comment

This is the mb code 010170100-600-g I have changed the power adaptor whit a brand new but nothing have changed. How part of the mb I can check ? It's possible say me a chip probably causes this problem ? Thanks

Comment

when the laptop is on, measure voltages on all coils on the mainboard.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Search for HP650 or HP 2000 and you will get many bios dumps in this forum. Your mb is same.

Comment

Dear magnetepazzo,
                        yes, measure voltage on those square components.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
                          Dear magnetepazzo,
                          yes, measure voltage on those square components.
                          can u tell me sir the exact voltages to be read on those coils? what is the reading on those coil if bad?

Comment

bad voltage can be 0v or anything less or more than what is expected.

Comment

if i found 0v on coils which part causing 0V? near that coil with 0V?

Comment

Hi friends I have measure at coil pin and measure 0V if I take positive from dc jack and negative on coil I measure 19V at laptop switch off and 16,22V on one coil and 14,2 on second coil at laptop switch on
                                Last edited by magnetepazzo; 11-23-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I do not know about this method of measurement.
                                  standard method: put black probe on GND and red probe on the point which you want to measure.
                                  If you do this measurement, important faults may be discovered.
                                  Assuming you measured correctly, 16,22v and 14,2v are bad voltages.
                                  please report like this: L1021 = 16v.
                                  Last edited by caspian; 11-23-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

2.8v is strange. is there a pulse on this coil?
                                      upload the schematics file to discover more.

Comment

if you have pulse on one side, measure on the other side. Thats normal. All bigger coils are part of switching power mode power supply. Try the board without RAM. Then if the board not switch off immediately, try it with other memory modul.

Comment

Working...
                                        X