LG 50PN4500 Power on issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PN4500 Power on issue

I picked up one of these for the super low cost of free as it didn't turn on. The panel is in seemingly perfect condition so I figured its probably worth the time and parts to restore to service.

When you plug in the unit the standby led turns on a steady red. When you press the power button the standby LED blinks red several times then goes out. Several seconds later the standby LED will turn back on, steady red and you can repeat this cycle for as long as you want. There is no sound at any point. The panel does not respond in any way.

My first problem is for the life of me I cant find a schematic for the power supply board itself. I found quite an extensive one for the IO board but I suspect the power board isn't outputting power in the first place.

I've already checked VA and VS test points on the power board before and after power on and neither test point provide any meaningful output voltage (0.10v - 0.20v). I've done some spot checks around the board and while I have a few diodes which are either bad or zener diodes (no schematic makes this far more complex to know for sure) and a few resistors that are out of spec I cant see what the problem may be without more information. I have access to and experience with a DMM, soldering and scope equipment I just need info at this point.

I have seen some threads about similar models of TV here and I have already swapped one of the main tantalum caps to rule that out but it has the same behavior before and after.

Does anyone have the power board schematic or advice on what to check next? My power board info follows.

P/N EAY62812501 EAX64863801 (1.7)
    REV:1.0 2012.10.19

LGIT PCB P/N 3PAGC10113A-R

PSPI-L202A

Re: LG 50PN4500 Power on issue

Just bumping the thread as there has been no response since Thursday.

Comment

Please let me know if you find the schematic. I have the exact same issue with the same T.V.

Comment

A good starting point for others to help is some photo's of your boards and some showing the interconnections.
        Have you measure any other voltages on the power supply to see if you have any while in standby and also when you attempt to switch on?
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Pictures of the boards?

Comment

I got one of these cheap, posting pictures for anyone's future reference.

1. Power Supply (Top)
            2. Power Supply (Bottom)
            3. Y-Sus
            4. Z-Sus
            5. Tcon
            6. Mainboard
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X