Vestel 17mb61-2 I screwed up my TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vestel 17mb61-2 I screwed up my TV

Have you tried adjusting it in the service menu? seems to have R,G,B, gain & offset adjustments
    Last edited by R_J; 09-22-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Have you tried adjusting it in the service menu? seems to have R,G,B, gain & offset adjustments
      Yeah but unfortunately for some reason you only get the choice to change EXT-1, VGA, and Ypbpr. I can kind of fix only them 3 inputs unless there's some other secret menu or something.

Comment

I done what you said Tom and got a serial connection to the TV and got a boot dump. I'm using putty for Windows but I'm not sure how to get console access. I'm assuming if I do and I find the correct commands I might be able to correct the colour. You think this might be possible? I'm sorry for bothering you but when I learn myself I can help others instead of bothering them

I got into the console now but I'm not too sure what to do from here. I need to try figure out
        Attached Files
        Last edited by oldschoolgamer; 09-24-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Can you send me a copy of the firmware you are currently using?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The console could be useful for editing files, but since your set is working it's probably not where we need to focus immediately.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have backed up all the files from the conf folder to a USB stick then copied them to the other board. I've tried a couple of firmwares and done the same thing but the hdmi channels just have a black screen. I also have the VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.bin and panel.bin and another testtool_panel.bin. I can edit the colour gamma for temperatures in 2 of these files but since there's so many numbers I'm not entirely sure which I should change. If I'm editing one I need a bit less red gain and a lot less green gain. I'll get there anyway I might aswell get the other boards working afterwards and sell them on to someone else cheap that might need them.

Comment

I'll make a one drive link and pm you the link to the files. I'll put my conf into a zip and send the closest working firmware I have (apart from the conf folder which I'm inserting afterwards.

Comment

I'll put up the files I used tomorrow. In the end it was the edid that was causing the hdmi problems and I was overlooking that. I got the edid from the other tv and renamed it to 37 instead of 42. Same with svn_revision_of_config.txt I changed it to 37 also just so the service menu says 37. I used Linux to flash the edid through hdmi but it kept reverting when the tv was restarted so I put it on a USB stick in spi/edid.edid and ran USB operations which flashed it and fixed the problem.

I still have the yellowish tint but I'm sure I can figure that out somehow in the panel files. I have the original TV's board fixed so that's one to sell on or 2 if I fix the other one also.

Comment

I fixed the tint by changing the colour temp gain on my VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin file then deleting panel.bin so it would generate a new one. I had a new problem then with my horizon box. It was a HDCP error which stopped it from viewing the channel. I had to look that up and it's for copyright protection to prevent streaming. I actually flashed the edid and that still wouldn't fix it so I had to put the new board I bought back in and change the panel file on that instead to fix the colour.

Has anyone ever experienced that problem before on HDMI?

Apart from that I got the other board working and I know enough to help out others if they have firmware problems on a vestel.
                    Last edited by oldschoolgamer; 09-26-2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

So I had to fix a HDCP error also but I now have 3 working 17MB61 main boards and only need one. It gives me more room to mess about with the TV's firmware and try make it look better.

Basically just posting to let people know I got it sorted and to sum it up quickly I originally started with a yellow tint. I tried to flash updated firmware thinking it would have RGB gain settings but I was wrong and ended up with a non functioning TV as I couldn't get the display working again properly. I then bricked the bootloader and ordered a new board then managed to brick that too but repaired them in the end by flashing the spi on both.

I got a working board for this tv and copied everything from the conf folder to my USB but basically just needed mb61_hwprofile.bin and mb61_swprofile.bin. Then I had to delete panel.bin from the conf folder because VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.bin in the conf folder generates a new panel.bin file that works with your display. Also editing VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.bin before generating the new panel file will get you the desired results if you have a display tint etc.

After all this I got a HDCP error with my set top box which I had to figure out about. Turns out if you put a file on the root of your USB stuck and just call it DownloadSpi.mb61 then run USB operations from the service menu you get your spi backed up including the edid and HDCP keys. I got them from the working board I have here then I put them in a folder on my USB stick called spi and ran USB operations again then rebooted. No more errors and everything works perfectly now on all boards. I even fixed the tint this all started over.

Hopefully someone finds this informative as it was impossible to find any information on any of these problems and I had to use trial and error to figure everything out. The serial connection and console (thanks to Tom66 for that info) was actually extremely helpful in both debugging and editing stuff. You can copy stuff to and from your USB with the console. If you just run USB operations even with a blank USB it will mount the USB to the directory /mnt/hd0a

Hopefully someone finds this extremely long post useful
                      Last edited by oldschoolgamer; 09-27-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Interesting and useful thanks

Comment

17mb61-2 bios

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolgamer View Post
                            So I had to fix a HDCP error also but I now have 3 working 17MB61 main boards and only need one. It gives me more room to mess about with the TV's firmware and try make it look better.

Basically just posting to let people know I got it sorted and to sum it up quickly I originally started with a yellow tint. I tried to flash updated firmware thinking it would have RGB gain settings but I was wrong and ended up with a non functioning TV as I couldn't get the display working again properly. I then bricked the bootloader and ordered a new board then managed to brick that too but repaired them in the end by flashing the spi on both.

I got a working board for this tv and copied everything from the conf folder to my USB but basically just needed mb61_hwprofile.bin and mb61_swprofile.bin. Then I had to delete panel.bin from the conf folder because VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.bin in the conf folder generates a new panel.bin file that works with your display. Also editing VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.bin before generating the new panel file will get you the desired results if you have a display tint etc.

After all this I got a HDCP error with my set top box which I had to figure out about. Turns out if you put a file on the root of your USB stuck and just call it DownloadSpi.mb61 then run USB operations from the service menu you get your spi backed up including the edid and HDCP keys. I got them from the working board I have here then I put them in a folder on my USB stick called spi and ran USB operations again then rebooted. No more errors and everything works perfectly now on all boards. I even fixed the tint this all started over.

Hopefully someone finds this informative as it was impossible to find any information on any of these problems and I had to use trial and error to figure everything out. The serial connection and console (thanks to Tom66 for that info) was actually extremely helpful in both debugging and editing stuff. You can copy stuff to and from your USB with the console. If you just run USB operations even with a blank USB it will mount the USB to the directory /mnt/hd0a

Hopefully someone finds this extremely long post useful
                            Hi. How to edit vestel_d1_plus_pnl file? Which software?

Comment

hello every one i need dump bios of 17M61-2

Comment

Originally posted by amine23 View Post
                                hello every one i need dump bios of 17M61-2
                                try asking in this section of the forum hopefully you can find the rite firmware please let us know the tv make and model number and what lcd screen number is used
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59877

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

Working...
                                  X