This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello hi, i am new in this forum, i am student electronic computer repair, thanks

Comment

Hi everyone, my Name is Nick and I'm here to find help repairing my son`s tv . I`m a lapsed radio ham and build my own computers. cheers

Comment

Hola!

I'm a computer repair technician and curious about learning how to repair TVs and older game consoles. Not much else to say beyond that. I'm here to suck up information (:

Feel free to message me if you like.

Comment

just picked up hobby of repairing tvs

Comment

Hi there everybody!! Trying to do my initial post to get in so I hope I'm doing it at the right place
            I'm definately a "hardware hacker", started collecting tubes from old scrapped radios and tv-sets at seven years of age and got one tv-set working one day. I was baffled and 100% hooked on and now after fifty years of having electronics as a hobby I wish I had the tubes left!
            My father was an engineer but I sometimes wonder how he could let me go on.
            I mend everything broken that comes in my way and sometimes I'm lucky. I still feel that thrill when things works again!!
            My main hobby is restoring old HiFi but I have a big issue, at least according to my wife. I can definitely not sell amplifiers I repaired so I have a few! Some I give away to friends.
            I don't see the problem, we live in a big house on a island in the Baltic Sea near the Swedish east coast.
            Enough of that, I found this site because of the name. Bad caps is something I know about of course!!
            It's been a lot of computers through the years and now I'm hooked on repairing especially Mac's, IPhones, iPads and so on.
            I do have a life too, five grown up kids including 8 grandchildren, dogs, ducks and heans and my understanding gorgeous wife of course! Hunting is another interest.
            I'm not used to this, but I'm looking forward to take part of all your knowledge in this forum. See you next time and thanks for letting me in.....
            Bjorn

Comment

Hello,
              Congratulations for the host protocol.
              I am here to learn from this community.
              I did electronics very young (between 10 and 20 years), after I was an researcher in Information and Communications Technologies until my retirement. Now I'm trying to reworks electronic devices that are too quickly discarded.
              It shocks me that the whole process is organized to annihilate what has often served very little time.

I enjoy sharing networks of knowledge and experience. I'm here to increase mine, but I hope to be able some day to make, if necessary, a contribution as modest as it is.
              I didn't yet visited the whole member's list to see if there are any french people but ...

Comment

hi, just Google bring a newbie come and say hi, I realize alot of experience and excited people here, I 'd got electronic university diploma in Vietnam and have started a new life in west Australia about 5 years and life isn't easy when we have to begin from zero and learn second language (my mother language is Vietnamese). Many thanks to polytek and others r helping with my issue ( my Asus N56VM REV 2.3 laptop had an issue, it have power light on, HDD light on, CPU fan run noisily,.. when i press power, not any signal from monitor and nothing external LCD too (thru HDMI cable), well,...its still hard case for me now xD,..thanks for read my new sms xD
                truly madly deeply

Comment

Hi all, Just a quick hello from a new member. I am an electronics repair engineer, mainly repairing computer stuff these days like macbooks, laptops and pc systems. I don`t deal with the repair of tvs/monitors anymore but i do have a monitor my son purchased from ebay that was apparently working one minute and then went dead. They failed to mention that they had fried the power section of the board (the blown components and heat marks were a give away) anyway does anyone know where I could find a schematic for it? It`s a Samsung t24e390ex . Thanks Scott

Comment

Hello, found this forum in search of a fix for my LG plasma that refuses to turn on.

Comment

Hello guys! Guess wat???
                      I'm a total novice!

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a computer repair noob, looking to learn the ins and outs of component repair so that i fix my laptop.

Comment

Hello all, name here is Paul, I'm 55, been into electronics for quite a while now, first computer was a Commodore Vic-20 with cassete storage. Also had a Sinclair ZX-81. Into ham radio, used to run RTTY on HF with a Model 15 that ran 5 level Baudot code. 60 wpm max. Precursor to the internet! Had several day jobs while in college servicing 2 way radios, pagers, and mobile phones. At that time a mobile phone meant a 20 watt vhf full duplex unit mounted in the trunk and cables run up front to a control head mounted under the dash. It did the job nicely and oh how I miss being able to have a conversation with someone from the vehicle with no latency issues to deal with! Later graduated with an EE degree and was hired by a utility company, more of the same work with 2 way radio and adding phone systems, computer networks, SCADA and Microwave. Its been a good nearly 40 year career, but I miss the component level troubleshooting and repair as today a repair consists of swapping out a card with a spare and sending defective unit in for repair. Not nearly as much fun but still pays the bills. Found this forum while searching for service information for a solid state wine cooler power supply that I am trying to troubleshoot. (ahem...not work related, of course..) Enjoy flying, farming, fishing, car repair, building solar panels, learning new things.

Comment

Looks like this is where we say hello.

Greetings folks, from Virginia. My name is Phillip, and as my handle indicates, I fix cars. I consider myself a 'mechanic' to madden my college professor who claims we should identify as 'technicians.' Silly wordage, but I digress.

I've stumbled upon your forum as I'm trying to figure out an old computer monitor. I'll launch a post in the section soon. I've browsed the forums a bit, but am struggling to find the info I need. Looks like you guys provide excellent suggestions here, and I look forward to your advice. Thanks!

Comment

Just joined. Technician for 40 years. Now retired at 70 y/o
                              Why no 6cm5 valves in new TVs LOL.

Comment

talking of caps

I have a habit of changing caps indiscriminately, because they are unpredictable.
                                They are cunning!
                                They give you full value on test meter, but when they feel they are energised with voltage, they say hey, I do not want to know! .
                                You can still see nothing wrong when giving them voltage juice, in circuit, but current wise, its another story!

Comment

Hello, I am from Serbia. God bless.

Comment

Hello to all in the Badcaps community

Comment

Hello all you e-wiz's out there. Stumbled on this forum looking for info and I think I'll stick around. Y'all looks like my kinda folk.

Comment

Hey everyone, just introducing myself. I've got a pair of SyncMaster 2343 monitors (not sure of prefix, doesn't really matter) that are about 6y old now. Still great monitors, although one of them has just started to act up a little. The touch bar area (menu keys) is sometimes unresponsive and sometimes will act as if I touched the Menu button area (menu comes up, then dismisses itself a few seconds later). Occasionally the blue power led will occasionally blink. It's otherwise working fine.

I see a couple threads on this monitor already but nothing describing this particular issue. I'm suspecting things might be getting a little marginal but joined the forum in case it finally dies.

Comment

new member looking to learn

Hi everyone thanks for letting me join this sweet group i came across it about a year ago looking for some answers and you have always pointed me in the right direction a little about myself i have always been into tearing things apart to see how they work since i was little i have no degrees in the electronic field but im a fast learner and always willing to learn new things and have fun thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                          X