Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of HDTV's with on/off event timers

Hello,
    I have an elderly 93 year old mom with dementia,she's using an older 46 inch Hitachi projection style TV which is probably going to quit.I have to set it to turn on and off 3 times a day on at 9am off at 11am then on again at 5pm and off at 10pm I have it set to turn on at 2am and off at 2;05am in case she accidentaly turns it on then leaves and goes to bed,(this is a fail safe so the thing doesn't run all night)I have been having a heck of a time on google to do searches on TV's with on/off timers/scheduling timers/event timers etc with no luck.Does anyone here on the forum know of a list of TV's available in the 46-50 inch size that have at least one programable on off cycle?(3 would be nice)since spectrum required cable boxes as of Nov 2018 we cannot program the event timer for a video input other than a channel number so I cannot even set the event timer to come on component input #one.Tuners are useless now and she's been asking for TCM thats turner classic movies.I've rigged a couple of rokus to modulators rigged to channel 3 and 4 but the picture quality is fair at best.Most TV's have a sleep timer that will not do.Some samsungs have the abilty for one on/off but no listing on the models and best buy no help.It also needs a calander to set it weekly or daily Mon-Sunday etc.Does anyone here have any ideas?
    Thanks.

Re: List of HDTV's with on/off event timers

Panasonic plasmas usually have a mode you can set so it turns off after 3 hours unless you press the "ok" button when a message pops up for 3 minutes, to prevent burn-in...
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
    X