sansui dvd combo tv, brand new from 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sansui dvd combo tv, brand new from 2013

Just noticed the brand new TV combo I got for 75 bucks is from 2013 and will not turn on, checked all the voltages and im getting 6VSB and all the regs are correct its just giving 6 volts instead of 5, the red LED on the front panel works, and when i unplug the unit the backlight flashes and thats all i can get from her... tested all the caps and they were perfect except one 63v 270UF which consistently reads 235-238UF.. any help? im leaving friday for a road trip in my RV and really want to watch old ass DVD's instead of reading a stupid book..

SANSUI SLEDVD329A

Power Supply Board Number cem903a
    Last edited by Brucetafer; 07-19-2018, 01:45 AM.

Re: sansui dvd combo tv, brand new from 2013

Reading is better for you as it increases/strengthens one's ability to imagine. The power to imagine is removed with DVDs and movies.
    With that said capacitor is not really all that bad but you can go ahead and change it Could we get photos of the PSU and the connectors and the main Bd. that are clear and focused?

Comment

Can you post some photo's of your circuit boards. What voltage do you have between the two legs of the large capacitor rated at 450V DC.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

ill get it in a couple hours.

Comment

Best I can get..
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
            Can you post some photo's of your circuit boards. What voltage do you have between the two legs of the large capacitor rated at 450V DC.
            Rated 200v and 330uf, tested at 162v

Comment

Originally posted by Brucetafer View Post
              Rated 200v and 330uf, tested at 162v
              As it should be with nominal 115-120 line voltage.

This is a Funai product, it's called "buy up old reputable brands so we can sell junk."
              Last edited by kaboom; 07-20-2018, 02:01 AM.
              "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
              Originally posted by shango066
              All style and no substance.
              Originally posted by smashstuff30
              guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
              guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
                As it should be with nominal 115-120 line voltage.

This is a Funai product, it's called "buy up old reputable brands so we can sell junk."
                seems like the power supply is JVC, and is in a ton of different products.. my issue is its supposed to be in my RV and nothing else fits like this one does..

Comment

Have you measured the voltages on the led connectors pins. At switch on it the voltage may initially rise and then fall.
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                    Have you measured the voltages on the led connectors pins. At switch on it the voltage may initially rise and then fall.
                    finally back in the states with some internet thats not 100 bucks a day... Im getting back at it, can't find anywhere online what the probe voltage should be at the ribbon cable.. Im guessing 5.1 12+ 12- etc..

i don't understand what you mean dick_barton, could you explain like im 5?

Comment

This is not a FUNAI, it appears to be an Orion product. Hence the labelled main board & high quality capacitors on the PCB.

It's not all that bad, tbh.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This manual is not exact but uses a similar power supply [CEM842] Standby is listed at 5.5 volts, power on is at pin 4 (which looks right according to shopjimmy picture of your board)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by R_J; 08-29-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

OK, finally got back to trying to fix this thing.. The 1117B AD is wonky I believe, input is 4.48v output is 1.843 and ground has .578v... wtf..

Comment

Working...
                          X