LG LED TV 65UH5500 No picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG LED TV 65UH5500 No picture

Hello! I Have a LG 65UH5500 that shows the LG logo for a split second after being plugged in, then goes black and the power led blinks. I understand the led strips can cause this and want to start troubleshooting the right areas. I'm concerned because I have not been able to see anything with the flashlight test, or produce any audio. Any suggestions? Short video of the problem:

streamable.com/w0e5z

I was under the impression that when the led strips are at fault, you can at least see a faint image with the flashlight or get sound?

Re: LG LED TV 65UH5500 No picture

Most likely failing backlights. Some models shut down the backlight only. Your model may shut down the tv when a poblem is detected.

Not easy to remove a panel without cracking it from a 65 inch tv to get at the backlights.

Comment

My approach for handling large screens is to deal with them vertically. After removing the bezel and securing the edge boards, I raise the whole TV almost vertical with the top edge of the TV on the floor, and then lift the LCD panel away by its corners. Then I lean the panel against something, thus keeping it always vertical. To reinstall, I bring the TV close, again tilted almost vertical, and lift the panel by the corners onto the TV and then lay the unit back down. I have managed up to a 70" by myself so far.

Comment

before you go too far too fast.... try disconnecting, one at time, the tcon to panel cables and see what happens on power up. Go from there.

Comment

Working...
        X