Comment

Re: acer aspire ES1-432 white screen problem

@imranromi on the lvds connector pin 5 0v but pin6 have 3.3v

Comment

Yes pin 5/6 3.3v both pin jump and try.

Comment

thanks for the response imranromi you mean from the lvds connector pin6 jump to pin5?so that pin5 will have 3.3v?

Comment

i already tried short pin 5 and pin6 nothing happens still white screen when i shut it down and turns on again it goes black

Comment

Thanks to meritosari for the schematics, it will help a lot. Thanks also to jiroy for the service guide, it will be helpful with the information.

Ok, find transistor Q33, it's connected from pin 3 of U2 (525AU) to pin 6 of the transistor. You can try to locate the transistor with continuity.

When you have found Q33, measure the voltage at the input of pin 5.

Comment

Thanks for the response jarotech and thanks for the schematic meritorasari and jiroy.update: i checked with continuity form pin 3 of 525au chip,i found the transistor is near cpu area there is continuity on pin 3 on 525au to pin 6.And when i checked the voltage of pin 5 of that transistor 0v and same with pin 6 0v also

Comment

With the readings you have taken, we know that the 525AU is good and also the transistor Q33. Only the signal PCH_VDDEN is not good. Have you tried flashing the BIOS?

Comment

No I still not tried flashing bios,because it boots fine and no problem if external display only used

Comment

Maybe the gate (pin 5) of transistor Q33 becomes a short circuit to ground after a few seconds.

Comment

ok i have noticed on that q33 transistor when i shut down laptop for a long time and turn on, it stays good display for 10 minutes then becomes white.so, i test pin 5 and pin 6 before display ok it shows pin 5 1.8v and pin 6 it shows 1.3v and dropped to 1v if it goes white but pin 5 steady at 1.8v.

Comment

If the input pin 5 is fixed and the output pin 6 goes down, the transistor is defective.

Comment

ok should i try to change it?i need to find the same value with this?

Comment

Yes, it's a 2N7002DW, try to find it or an equivalent.

Comment

when i checked the markings on the transistor it has mark 5-n

Comment

Sorry, I did not find anything for the 5-n marking code.

Comment

sorry when i checked again it not 5-n its S-N mark on the transistor i cannot focus the chip because i dont have microscope but i upload the image the one with the red mark is the transistor connected to 525au chip, and has mark S-N same with the two other transistor.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

You can try this, swap this chip with one of the other two, the other two are for the backlight, you will know after if the chip is defective.

Comment

I did not try to swap instead ill try first reheat the chip for a couple of seconds and try again and now there is 3v on pin 6 of the transistor and on the schematics its showing that pin 6 should have 3v and now the voltage it's not dropping.I test for a couple of minutes to make sure and see if its the same issue,I will update later. thanks again for the response jarotech
                                        Last edited by String2016; 02-18-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Update:thank you jarotech for the help I tested now for nearly a hour the issue not came back the display is ok.I checked Q33 pin 6 the voltage 3v is steady and not dropping,but I am worried on Q31 pin 6 for PCH_BRIGHT the voltage only is 2.1v and on the schematics it should be 3v.Is this ok if pin 6 q31 not become 3v?

Comment

Working...
                                          X