Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Panasonic TX-P42U30B - does not turn up

Hi All,

The red light on my TV comes on when the TV is plugged in, but if I press Power button on the remote, the red light blinks and nothing happens.
    I opened the TV and could not see any odd-shaped capacitors on the central board connected to the power socket.

How can I start troubleshooting it?
    I have a digital multimeter, a soldering iron and some patience

Any help is really appreciated.

Re: Need help with Panasonic TX-P42U30B - does not turn up

Count the number of blinks.

Comment

do they really blink?

It seems like it blinks fast once or twice max on each press on the remote's button.

Comment

Turn off, or unplug the tv. Turn it back on with the power button on the set and then count blinks. Dont use the remote untill the blinks are counted and repeted.

Comment

Since this is a European set, the TV will blink the red light N times indicating a fault, but it sounds like the original poster can't even get their TV to that state. When they press the power button the light just blinks and it stops when they release the button. Please confirm my assumption AhmadK.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i copied from another thread not sure what your model number is so try at your own risk if want too
            Now for future reference and addional information for others who have the solid Red Light fault, not the blinking light fault of any colour.

My cure wasn't the "P" board or "A" board it was this instruction given by a Panasonic repair engineer, so this is the instruction for a reset:-

Power cord plugged in but tv power on the side set to off.
            Press and hold the “F” function button and "(volume - )" button on the side of the tv at the same time, keep pressing.
            Then press and hold the power button on the side of the tv
            Hold all 3 for 10secs.
            My tv powered on and started working and the red light changed to green.

Comment

Guys, thanks for the ideas and sorry for not answering earlier.
              My TV is a european model, and it has no power buttons on it (apart from on/off switch on the right side).
              I don't know what it was, but after reading a manual and noticing that they recommend to hold remote's power button for at least 1 second (I just pressed and released it previously), I gave it a try and.. it switched on!
              Watched it for a couple of minutes and could not see any issues. That's something..

Anyway, thanks for your help and now I know where to go if something happens with my technology

Comment

Working...
              X