Vox mini 3 amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vox mini 3 amp

the envelope arrived this morning, I just finished installing it and now everything works perfectly!!!
    Thanks for everything you have been very kind and helpful.

Comment

My pleasure.

Ciao
      Bob

Comment

Just picked up one of these amps for a Song. ($2)
        Seems the power board is only passing 2v.
        Are there schematics available for the Mini3 PCBs?
        What is the output of the Power PCBS suppose to be?
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi,

$2, you did well there.
          There are still no schematics that I'm aware of I'm afraid.
          The regulator should put out 5v, I forget what type of device it is now but I do remember it's a common part.

Comment

I bought this beauty second hand for my cigarbox guitar and I must say that it sounds very good. But I have a problem with the mic input. When I put a mike in the Mic jack I have feedback. Even when I turn the trim on minimum I still have feedback. It looks to me that the trim is not working as it should. Can you tell me does the sound goes to zero when you turn the trim on minimum?
            Kind regards to you all
            Frans

Comment

If you're using a cheap condenser mic the output level will probably be too high.

The trim doesn't cut the volume completely. Most reasonable dynamic mics I've tried it with are fine.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the answer Midibob. I'm glad that it is not a misfunction of the trim. I'm going to make a pot at the back of this little beauty. I followed this thread bcause I was very curious to the solution of the fried amp IC and I think you did a great job to develop your daughter board. Thanks for charing this.
                Kind regards Frans

Comment

Hi MidiBob

I'm trying to fix one for a friend. can you send cost/order details of your daughter-board please.

Cheers,
                  Barry.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Hi midibob,
                      I have same problem like nearly everybody in this forum thread - this times from Slovakia. Could you pls PM schematics and pcb layout?
                      Thank you,
                      Rado

Comment

Hi Rado,

As far as I know there are no schematics available for the Mini 3.

Midibob

Comment

Hi midibob,
                          I thought your daugter board.
                          Rado

Comment

There is a picture earlier on in this thread, I don't have a schematic as such as it's so simple.

Comment

Hi alltogether,

Who is interested in board details before/after IC3 desoldered from VOX Mini3 board, could find details attached. I have used hot air desoldering tool.
                              Even this tool used, it is hard to avoid board destruction - see IMG_5288 how pads moved . Unintentionally R23 of value 10^3 was blown from it's position, so I have to solder it back using smd soldering iron (can be seen difference on IMG_5284 and IMG_5288 - value text is rotated).
                              So pay attention and have a good tools to do IC3 removal job.
                              Later I will come back with soldering of IC3 replacement (waiting for delivery).

Rado
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rado, I wish you luck in replacing IC3. I have done it but it's a real pain.

For removal, one tip is to use an under board pre heater at about 150C and then use the hot air gun on top. This reduces the chances of the pads coming unstuck due to too much heat. The chip can then be removed quite easily without causing any damage.

Comment

Hi Midibob, I have this Amp with the same issue. Can I take it to your home for repair? unfortunately I don't know how to fix it myself. I'm happy to pay you.

Many thanks
                                  Leo

Originally posted by midibob View Post
                                  Hi all,

Been grappling with this one for a while and no success so far.

These little guitar amps are rated at 3W and are quite nice, good sounding busking or bedroom amps.
                                  I have a number of these with blown output chips and thought they would be quite a simple repair!!

On inspection I found that the chips were micro smd 9 ball WLCSP types. They are 1.2mm square and you need a microscope to see them.
                                  Trouble is the type code bears no relevance to anything I can find. No IC manufacturers I've contacted so far have been able to identify the type number 'BP27'.

There are so many of these class D amp devices available with different specs and gains that it's impossible to guess which one would be the correct replacement.
                                  I've tried the Vox forum with no joy either. Schematics are non existent too.

Pity it's not dodgy caps, easy stuff in comparison.

Midibob

Comment

Hi Leo, I'll PM you.

Comment

Hi Midibob, I have this Amp with the same issue.* Do you still ship these boards?

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Ho Midibob, can you ship the board also in Italy, I need one
                                          Ciao and thank for you reply
                                          Mirco

Comment

Working...
                                          X