ViewSonic VG2021m - DAC-12M033 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ViewSonic VG2021m - DAC-12M033 AF

Hey everyone, so I started repairing this monitor (ViewSonic VG2021m) a while ago and well I'm kicking myself right now because I took off the bad capacitors and didn't write down what they were! I always try to photo the boards extensively or write down the replacement parts for them immediately upon removal of the components. Well, I did some searching and still cannot find the exact capacitors that go on the board. So I'm hoping that someone on here might have this same monitor or a monitor with the same PSU in it and can look at it for me. Here are the details:

PSU Board: Delta Electronics DAC-12M033 AF Rev. 02A
    Missing Capacitor Locations: C200, CE101, CE102, CE103, CE104, CE108

I'm hoping that someone can help me to identify these capacitors or at least aid me in figuring out (from an electronic diagnosis standpoint) what they would be. Any takers? Thanks ahead of time everyone!

Re: ViewSonic VG2021m - DAC-12M033 AF

Originally posted by pantherts
    Hey everyone, so I started repairing this monitor (ViewSonic VG2021m) a while ago and well I'm kicking myself right now because I took off the bad capacitors and didn't write down what they were! I always try to photo the boards extensively or write down the replacement parts for them immediately upon removal of the components. Well, I did some searching and still cannot find the exact capacitors that go on the board. So I'm hoping that someone on here might have this same monitor or a monitor with the same PSU in it and can look at it for me. Here are the details:

PSU Board: Delta Electronics DAC-12M033 AF Rev. 02A
    Missing Capacitor Locations: C200, CE101, CE102, CE103, CE104, CE108

I'm hoping that someone can help me to identify these capacitors or at least aid me in figuring out (from an electronic diagnosis standpoint) what they would be. Any takers? Thanks ahead of time everyone!
    Post a picture of the board. Someone might "recognize" it and suggest something.
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Alright pictures are uploaded. Thanks for reminding me! Warning...these are pretty darn big files. Very high resolution photos.

VG2021m-1
      VG2021m-2
      VG2021m-3
      VG2021m-4

Comment

OK ,mine is REV. 00A but I think the caps are the same:

C200 Capxon KF 220uF/25V
        CE101 Capxon KF 220uF/25V
        CE102 Capxon KF 1000uF/25V
        CE103 Capxon KF 1000uF/25V
        CE104 Capxon PW 1000uF/10V (Green body)
        CE108 Capxon KF 220uF/25V

Comment

I found a Rev 01A in my box of junk boards. Mine are all the same as what lucky13 listed, with the exception of CE108 which is 330uF @ 25v.

I hope that helps!

Comment

pantherts,

If you still have all the original caps in a bag, you can sort them out to see what was on your version for CE108.

If not, I think 330uF would be better as it has a higher capacitance (assuming the 1st version was under spec for this cap).

Comment

Thank you for the responses! I plan on looking over all of this tonight when I get home. Actually, the cap that is in CE108 I believe I put there so that is not the original cap that came with the board. Sorry for the mess but this was quite a few months ago and I just plain forgot about it. Thanks again. I will let you know how everything works out for it.

Comment

Thank you for the responses! I plan on looking over all of this tonight when I get home. Actually, the cap that is in CE108 I believe I put there so that is not the original cap that came with the board. Sorry for the mess but this was quite a few months ago and I just plain forgot about it. Thanks again. I will let you know how everything works out for it.
                I actually misspoke on this one. In the pic I have a cap in CE104 but I believe I put that there when I was working on this board the first time. I will be removing it and ordering all new caps. I'm hoping that there isn't a huge difference between REV01 and REV02. *Crossing fingers*

Comment

Question for you guys, would it be okay for me to replace the cap at CE104 with a Panaonic FM 1000uf 16V? The original was a Capxon PW 1000uf 10V. Or should I try to match the ripple ratings closer as well as the voltage?

Comment

Question for you guys, would it be okay for me to replace the cap at CE104 with a Panaonic FM 1000uf 16V? The original was a Capxon PW 1000uf 10V. Or should I try to match the ripple ratings closer as well as the voltage?
                    If it will fit, the Pnasonic FM will work fine.

PlainBill
                    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Wow!!! That was quick Plain! Thanks for the rapid response time on that one. I have a lot of Panasonic FM's from the last repair job that didn't pan out so I will use those to save me the trouble of ordering more.

Comment

Get rid of all Crapxon...

OK you can leave that 400v one there.

Comment

Alright I have quite a few caps on the way. Actually have three projects I'm going to be fixing at once here. A PNY 5700 graphics board, a 22inch Chi Mei widescreen monitor and this 21inch ViewSonic monitor. Not a bad deal considering all were free and the total for the parts was $10. Thanks for your assistance on this. If anyone has any questions on this monitor while I have it open for the next week or so please let me know. Thanks everyone!

Comment

As long as the size is the same (it fits?) and the uf are the same, the V rating (as long as it is bigger) does not affect you. It is the maximum work voltage, not the required one. Just see about the ripple. And about the 220uf/330uf cap,i think it would be safe to use a 330uf.
                            There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                            • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                            • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                            • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                            • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                            • Windows 10 Pro x64
                            • GeForce GT1050
                              2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Just wanted to follow up on this posting to close it out. I have successfully completed the entire repair job. All three devices are working beautifully after 20 capacitors in all being replaced on the three items. The ViewSonic monitor's repair went off without a hitch. The Chi Mei 221D repair went perfectly (after getting rid of all those stupid Crapxon caps). By the way, with the 220us/330uf cap question I ended up going with a 330uf. I replaced all caps with new Panasonic FM caps.

Comment

Does anyone have a datasheet or specification for this DAC-12m033AF module from Delta? I am interested in the header pinouts (16 pin header) on this board.

My Viewsonic display does not show any obvious capacitor bulging/leaking, but it won't stay powered on for more than 20 seconds. To recover, I have to remove power for a few minutes and then it will repeat this same (stays on for 20 seconds).

If I repeatedly power on/off during this 20 second period, sometimes I can make the display stay on for hours. But when it goes into 'sleep' mode it will eventually power off after several hours and won't come back on.

Comment

Just because you can't see obvious bulging of capacitors, does not guarantee that they are all OK. Sounds to me like your monitor is showing the classic signs of capacitors on their way out, I've seen this behavior personally many times.

While we're at it, can someone identify the value of CE107, the small electrolytic cap near the lower middle of the power supply board (Delta DAC-12M033AF) - mine is covered with glue/paint and scraping it off removes the lettering as well. I think that it might be 22uf 50V @105*C, but would like some confirmation if possible. I might as well replace all of the Capxon capacitors while I have the thing apart!

Comment

Pinout for DAC-12M033 AF

Also, the pinout for the header is printed right on the board!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorsal1
                                      ...can someone identify the value of CE107, the small electrolytic cap near the lower middle of the power supply board (Delta DAC-12M033AF) - mine is covered with glue/paint and scraping it off removes the lettering as well. I think that it might be 22uf 50V @105*C, ...
                                      To confirm:
                                      ...On DAC-12M033AF Rev:02A
                                      CE107 = 22uF 50V @ 105C

I know how to read them...I need to know how to order and replace them.
                                      I have the Viewsonic VG2021m that has a "very" dim image. If this was a laptop, I would replace the inverter. Since the inverter seems to be combined with the AC on this monitor, I looked for a replacement board...no luck.
                                      So, I find this thread dealing with repairing the board

Yes, I have a few caps that looks swollen to me...

What is the basic process?
                                      I expect that I'll need a small/precision soldering iron & a good work light. What Solder should I use? Recommendations?
                                      Where can I locate these replacement caps? (RadioShack?)
                                      I'm assuming that Ill need to remove solder from the bottom of the PCB to remove the caps...any helpful tips?
                                      Last edited by Horseman; 02-25-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Horseman
                                        To confirm:
                                        ...On DAC-12M033AF Rev:02A
                                        CE107 = 22uF 50V @ 105C

I know how to read them...I need to know how to order and replace them.
                                        I have the Viewsonic VG2021m that has a "very" dim image. If this was a laptop, I would replace the inverter. Since the inverter seems to be combined with the AC on this monitor, I looked for a replacement board...no luck.
                                        So, I find this thread dealing with repairing the board

Yes, I have a few caps that looks swollen to me...

What is the basic process?
                                        I expect that I'll need a small/precision soldering iron & a good work light. What Solder should I use? Recommendations?
                                        Where can I locate these replacement caps? (RadioShack?)
                                        I'm assuming that Ill need to remove solder from the bottom of the PCB to remove the caps...any helpful tips?
                                        willawake covers most of the issues in the Recapping Faq.

Don't buy caps from Radio Shack. This is not to say they are garbage, it's just that they do not have the performance required for this very tough application. I prefer Digikey, mainly because of their quality parts, low cost and quick shipping. Tip: Specify First Class Mail shipping for quick delivery at low cost.

I STRONGLY recommend replacing ALL electrolytic caps (except the big one). This will typically cost less than $10 for parts and shipping, and you won't have to worry about opening it up again to replace one you've skipped.

As far as which caps to buy, first you must identify the value, voltage, and dimensions of the caps you are going to replace. You can either post the list in this thread and someone will identify proper replacements, of you can do it yourself. A brief procedure is in this thread.

PlainBill
                                        Last edited by PlainBill; 02-25-2010, 05:40 PM.
                                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                        X