HP Z27S Horizontal Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Z27S Horizontal Lines

Hello ! I have an HP Z27S display here, top of the line 4k monitor from 2017 that sold for about 900$ Canadian, still under warranty and hp denies repair.. Anyway, that's another story.

Here's a picture of what it does, ive torn this thing apart and i was wondering if anyone has seen a similar issue, or have any clues of what could be causing this. Bad caps in psu ? I've tried heating and freezing the boards, either psu or the input board and no difference. I've noticed the issue is also present on the OSD of the monitor, with no input signal connected. Caps seem good visually. Any pointers would be really appreciated !! thanks
    Attached Files

Re: HP Z27S Horizontal Lines

why does HP deny repairs, It looks like a panel issue, A power supply problem would likely cause a problem over the whole screen not just part of it.
    Did you happen to buy it used or refurbished?

Comment

It's a customer's screen and i can't find the invoice for it. HP asks for the receipt.. What a pain. Anyway, you think the panel itself is bad ? :|

Comment

That would be my guess, What happens if you change the screen resolution to something else, does that have any effect on the lines?

Comment

Id have to swap boards to see any difference, indo have a few of these lcds here.

What would be bad on the panel itself? buffers on the input board or something that can be replaced?

these z27s suffer from this problem, ive seen many of them.

Ill check for any change with resolution and report back. thanks

Comment

Hello ! It seems resolution changes have no effect at all on the panel's issue. I've also tried freeze-spraying or heating the pcb that's on the panel itself and the problem is still there !

Comment

Anyone has an idea if it really is a panel issue, and if so, what could be bad on a LCD Panel ? Would it be one of the components on the pcb that's on the input panel? Thanks

Comment

Any input on this ? Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello, im bumping this up.. Still have this monitor here and it'd be a shame to trash it. Anyone can chime in and has a clue what can be causing this? If its the panel, is it a faulty component on the small input board where the flat cable connects to? It needs to be fixable, its a very expensive lcd..

Comment

The panel looks ok to me, it has BL and no regional defeceits. I would have to say it's an issue on the built in T-con board.

Comment

Ok, you mean the little board on the panel itself? bad components? can it be fixed?

Comment

Working...
                      X