Asus E502M ( No 3.3V On bios Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus E502M ( No 3.3V On bios Chip

Hi guys need some help on this one got an Asus E502m with All the power supplies checked out and Working but on pin 8 of the bios chip im only getting 1.8V instead of 3.3v I have asked for a schematic in the schematic section but no reply yet so i can trace it .any ideas on how to troubleshoot this one.. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Your never to old to learn

Re: Asus E502M ( No 3.3V On bios Chip

some Bios ICs require 1.8V instead of 3.3v.

Comment

Thanks Caspain for this information. what can i check next to see why it is not booting up..
      Thanks

Comment

Take a look at this link for what might be the proper boardview file for your board

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=e402MA

Also look up the BIOS chip and see what the required operating voltage is (I'm at work so cant check boardview for you, and cant read it in the photos you posted). It is probably a Windbond chip of 8M. If it requires the 3.3V then you are on the right track to chase that down.

Comment

Originally posted by garrymc123 View Post
          Hi guys need some help on this one got an Asus E502m with All the power supplies checked out and Working but on pin 8 of the bios chip im only getting 1.8V instead of 3.3v I have asked for a schematic in the schematic section but no reply yet so i can trace it .any ideas on how to troubleshoot this one.. Thanks
          Probably the bios chips is W25Q64FWxx
          Good idea is read datasheet when face new IC or first time to face with mobo want to fixed
          Attached Files

Comment

Yip its a W25Q64FW 1.8v so where do i go next if i have all power supplies working but still wont turn on..Thanks

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Check the power sequence and test points .
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                X