X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldering Equipment

Hellow Everybody,

I am new in this forum so if i'll say anything silly i am sorry,

Like the title says i am looking for soldering equipment. I am on budjet so i'll not go for high end equipment.
    Can you tell / propose :
    1 .Soldering Station
    2. Hot Air Station.

I would go for Hakko but the prices of 220 v are ridiculus in comparison of 110 v.
    I have heard that some stations can accept hakko tips which are all in one ( tip + heater ) .Is that true?
    I am bettwen atten and aoyue but any recommendation is very welcome.
    Thank you.

Re: Soldering Equipment

Are you also looking for a Desoldiering Gun Station if so I can give you a link to some
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

What about the ATTEN St Series? Is it Reliable?

And for Hot Air Station the Atten 858d+???

Thank you

Comment

Define reliable.... It's cheap Chinese gear. It'll work, but it won't be amazing. On the other hand, spare parts might be cheap, too!

I'd personally go with the basic analogue versions. Less stuff to break so should be more reliable... A basic op-amp control circuit is easier to repair than something with an unknown micro-controller.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

I just want to find the balance between price and performance. I am not gonna buy something high end. I am planning to do some basic motherboard repair. ( Caps Dc Jacks Usb Ports Etc). Reliable well with the meaning of durable.I know the more expensive you buy the less possibilities you gonna end up buy another station after some short period of time.

Konstantinos.

Comment

I have a yihua 952d+ had it for over a year now and it does very well, no problems so far I use hakko tips on the wand and the tips for hot air are the ones that came with it. its probally a knockoff of the aoyue but it has been dependable.

Comment

For an iron there's alot of good press on the cheap TS100 (google it). As to reliability it may be too early to tell...

Comment

If you go for the Yihua 858D or other el cheapo chinese gear please check it before use since it may have serious design flaws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A319o8Ji4oI

Comment

I did redo mine so the fuse is on the white wire, all ones from china have the same setup ,ground fused, as far as grounded tip the ground to case was fine.

Comment

For a soldering station, I recommend anything that uses a T12 or T15 -type of tip. These are the ones that have the heating element and sensor built into the tip and they have pretty good performance, especially considering their price ($2-3 USD per tip usually). AVOID stations that come with "900M" style tips.

As for the station itself, go with whatever your budget allows. That said, I do recommend getting a station that has at least 60 Watts of output if you plan to do work on motherboards. I have a 75 Watt station (CSI 2900 - a close of the Aoyue 2900, I believe) and with several large tips (namely a T12-D52 bevel tip), there's almost nothing I can't desolder with it. I even often use it with my 30 Watt soldering iron to remove TO-252 MOSFETs directly from motherboards without hot air or pre-heating.

Now, for hot air... I can't really make a good recommendation. I acquired a KADA 852D+ from a friend of mine a few years ago and I still haven't outgrown it. But then again, I hardly do any work that requires hot air anymore, so I can't make any suggestions. I have heard that stations with a fan in the handle (not an air pump in their base) a better. I've used one briefly, and indeed they are more quiet and just as powerful (if not more powerful), so they may indeed be better. They are pretty cheap nowadays too.

Whatever you get, I do recommend that you open it and double-check all the wiring and soldering before powering it on. It's possible that some of these stations may have safety flaws. The majority of them, however, are just built too cheaply and so may have crappy soldering that needs fixing.

Comment

Thank you very much for your answers guys.

As for the solder station can you recomend me a t12 - t15 solder station?? ( Not Hakko Not 110 Volts I Nedd 220 Volts)??

And as far for the Hot Air Station i'll go either 858d+ o 852d+. Can you recomend me a good one?

Lastly i was wondering if i need a pre-heater for desolering Smd or Any Kind of PuchThrough Devices (Usb Dc Jacks Hdmi Ports etc) or for this kind of work you only need a Hot Air Station.

Thank you very much guys one more time/

Comment

If you are after a hakko hot air station then you might consider a second user FR802 or 801, they seem adequate and can be obtained on the second hand circuit cheaply. I find it adequate for my professional work until such time as I find something better. Now as to soldering equipment all of my other soldering stations and hand pieces are Pace, will provide a list if you are interested.
                        Last edited by llonen; 05-12-2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

For the hot air station I strongly recommend Quick 861DW,
                          see; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChujyTV-HME

Comment

861DW for hotair.

Soldering station: ERSA Nano or ERSA I-CON 1
                            If you want go cheaper you always have the T12 clones and TS100 which is great with minor modding eg: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TS100-Sol...3NymjL1fIO7esg

Comment

Working...
                            X