X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all!

I am a tinkerer and love DIY, if I can fix it I will!
    I am a father of 3 and husband of 20+ yrs to my high school sweetheart.
    I am have a voltmeter and soldering tools.
    I have fixed 2 tv's and a pc monitor by replacing bad caps and I'm here to get help on a new issue with a 32" Sceptre for Mom.
    I am sure I will be here every so often looking for advice and help on future projects too!

Comment

I'm Anthony novice electronics

Comment

I am new here, want to learn more

Comment

Hello, Jeffery from Indiana, TV issues, looking for some help

Comment

Hello I am new to the forum and looking for some help.

I have a Global VR Madden Season one stand up arcade that won't even boot. Mine is the DFI Intel Pentium 4 DFI-PS35-BL-MAD. All the fans are running wide open and the VGA monitor says no signal. It came this way.

I put a new power supply in it and then it had a siren that went off from low to high over and over and it still wouldn't boot. I took out the battery for more than 15 seconds, waited, put it back in and turned it on. Now the siren is gone but it still wont boot. I have tried hitting delete as well as F1 on start up and it does nothing.

I forgot to mention that I also re-seated everything.

I'm pretty sure I have a dead motherboard or a hard drive issue. Does anyone repair these computers, or have any idea what is wrong with it and how I can fix it myself?

Any help would be appreciated. Is there anyone on this forum that will repair this motherboard?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Hello, my name is Garett and I am always trying to learn a new hobby and hate when I have to send something off to have it fixed because I am unable. So when my TV went out I stumbled upon this forum and seen the many things I could learn so I joined up. TV is fixed now and going to stick around on the forum to see what else I can learn.

Comment

hello im jesse h just here to pick brains im a very curious in repair and diognosis

Comment

i`m salman from palestine ,35y, i have 15y Professional experience elec ,information technology

I will be happy to join you

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm from the caribbean. I hope to share my knowledge with you and in the process acquire new knowledge.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Hi guys!
                      Im new to the caps world. Im trying to fix an Optiplex 745, hoping so find some help here!

Thanks!

Comment

dear all:
                        how can i test capacitor electrolyte (e.g 390 uf 450v)in ac drive circuits and how can i check leackage of this capacitor?

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm Martin, Argentinian guy currently leaving in Bogota. I enter this forum to learn about motherboard repair as a hobbyst.

Saludos!

Comment

Hey Everyone. Paul here. I've always had an interest in learning electronics, so I'm glad I found this forum. I know how to use a volt, ohm meter. I came to this site hoping to get some help with a Vizio TV with no power. I will post that problem on a new thread. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Comment

Hopefully I'm getting this right. I'm Don, and I work primarily in the automatic door industry. Lots of both firmware coding and hardware design, as well as doing some control repairs to keep things interesting. I'm an electronics engineer and have been soldering things together since I was five years old. Glad to be here!

Comment

Hello, I'm George and I'm trying to train my self to repair computer boards.

Comment

Hey,

Just introducing myself on this great forum. Trying to get back in to some board level repairs on laptop and other electronics. Its been a while so im a little rusty

Background of electronic servicing a looong time ago but im now an instrumentation commissioning engineer by trade. Just using this as a hobby to give me something to do.

Located in the UK

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Hey everyone 15 year electronic repair person here.

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm Seweryn, Polish guy currently leaving in Wroclaw. I enter this forum to resolve issue with my monitor. Thanks

Comment

Hello, I'm Christopher [Chris], I was born in Costa Rica, did my late teens and early adulthood in Toronto and now I live in South Florida. I have 20 years in the IT field (O/S, networks and security) and recently I got back into electronics as a hobby -- which is what I went to College for! I am particularly interested in fixing Macbook logic boards after I bought a Macbook Pro mid 2010 for parts (water damaged), disassembled it, cleaned it and put it back together and it worked and has been for three years now! ... I guess the standard procedure at the Genius bar is to get people to buy a new one ehh?

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself after searching for a site with some great information...google is your friend!

I'm here as a hobbyist who is attempting to learn my way around my LG Plasma that has failed me. Basically I am cheap and don't want to throw it out until I know that the cost to repair is more than its worth!

Here goes nothing!

Comment

Working...
                                          X