X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer AL1916W

Also, what are the part numbers of

IC201 and IC202 (top side)

U101 and probably U102 (the other legged IC on the bottom side)

edit: And measure the resistance of the inverter transformer pins S1 to S2 and S3 to S4 (in circuit - power OFF and LCD unplugged) as per

http://lcdparts.net/TransformerDetai...ProductID=3360

Both should read around 650 ohms.
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 09-01-2010, 01:16 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by mscott03 View Post
      The dark green caps are Taicon.

I just finished replacing all the bad caps since I got the new ones today and still no power to the lights. LCD works, image shows up, green power light comes on, just no juice to the lights..
      on the back side of the board,Is f200 good?
      Al.
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        Also, what are the part numbers of

IC201 and IC202 (top side)

U101 and probably U102 (the other legged IC on the bottom side)

edit: And measure the resistance of the inverter transformer pins S1 to S2 and S3 to S4 (in circuit - power OFF and LCD unplugged) as per

http://lcdparts.net/TransformerDetai...ProductID=3360

Both should read around 650 ohms.
        IC201 and 202 have this p/n:
        P605
        BZ6G1S

U101 and 102 have this p/n:
        B U3
        PC817

As for measuring resistance of the S1 - S2, and S3 - S4.. How do I know which contacts those are? Mine are not labeled, not sure if they normally are.

F200 looks fine, but I am not sure what a bad one looks like, doesnt seem to have any damamge to it though.

Comment

Edit: Replied too soon before visiting the site! I see which contacts those are -

Comment

As for measuring resistance of the S1 - S2, and S3 - S4.. How do I know which contacts those are? Mine are not labeled, not sure if they normally are.

F200 looks fine, but I am not sure what a bad one looks like, doesnt seem to have any damamge to it though.
            S1 - S4 are the outside pins of the transformers.

To measure a fuse, put your multimeter on ohms (probably 200 ohms). Put black on one side, red on the other side of F200.

A good fuse should read 0.3 ohms. If it reads "1" or 0L, it is an open fuse (blown).

edit: BTW, that is a good catch on finding F200. I never expected to see a fuse on the bottom side on a board. Normally they are on the front side.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Meter reads .764k ohm on first and .761k ohm on second....

Comment

Meter reads .764k ohm on first and .761k ohm on second....
                Are you talking about the transformer? If yes, the transformer is likely good. This test doesn't catch a shorted turn on the transformer, but let's assume it is good for now.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

There was a explanation given for manufactures using the small surface mount fuses. To keep the everyday user from thinking if 2a is good then 4a must be better, I think it was plainBill.
                  A lot of the delta boards use them .F200 is important to check because it supplies power to the back light controller.
                  Al.
                  Last edited by alexanna; 09-01-2010, 03:58 PM. Reason: i cat figure out how to quotew
                  Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                    A lot of the delta boards use them .F200 is important to check because it supplies power to the back light controller.
                    Al.
                    Still a great catch on spotting F200. I would have looked on the front side PCB forever.

Also for all the newbies and first time posters, this is a good example why clear focused pictures are required. If this were some fuzzy, out of focus, 800x600 pic, we (Al) would have never spotted this fuse.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

You guys are awesome! When I test the F200 fuse should I have it off the board, or will it test properly still soldered on?

Comment

You guys are awesome! When I test the F200 fuse should I have it off the board, or will it test properly still soldered on?
                        In circuit is fine.

edit: report actual ohm reading
                        Last edited by retiredcaps; 09-01-2010, 07:52 PM. Reason: edit: report actual ohm reading
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

When I test one direction I get 0L, and the other way continuously climbs from 2.4k Ohm up. Blown fuse? I will replace it tomorrow morning after checking back later with you all.

Comment

When I test one direction I get 0L, and the other way continuously climbs from 2.4k Ohm up. Blown fuse? I will replace it tomorrow morning after checking back later with you all.
                            Yes, blown. It should read 0.3 ohms. If that is the root cause, you can give a big thanks to alexanna. There is no way, I would have seen that fuse. I will remember to look for that in the future though.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I replaced the fuse and noticed something in the right direction, now when it powers up the lights flash or flicker for a second then shut off..

Comment

I replaced the fuse and noticed something in the right direction, now when it powers up the lights flash or flicker for a second then shut off..
                                You might want to check IC201 and IC202 for shorts. Apparently, this board is prone to one of those chips failing. Replace them in pairs. Part number is AOP605 and available from digikey for under $1.00 each.

Comment

Dose the fuse remain good,After the flash?
                                  Al

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                                    You might want to check IC201 and IC202 for shorts. Apparently, this board is prone to one of those chips failing. Replace them in pairs. Part number is AOP605 and available from digikey for under $1.00 each.
                                    Agreed.

You can test for shorted transistors "in circuit" (with power off and unplugged)

a) put black probe (com) on pin 1 and red probe on pin 2 - read ohm
                                    b) put black probe (com) on pin 1 and red probe on pin 3 - read ohm
                                    c) put black probe (com) on pin 2 and red probe on pin 3 - read ohm

If any ohm reading is less than 40 ohm you probably have a shorted transistor and it will need to be replaced. Test it out of circuit to verify.
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                      Agreed.

You can test for shorted transistors "in circuit" (with power off and unplugged)

a) put black probe (com) on pin 1 and red probe on pin 2 - read ohm
                                      b) put black probe (com) on pin 1 and red probe on pin 3 - read ohm
                                      c) put black probe (com) on pin 2 and red probe on pin 3 - read ohm

If any ohm reading is less than 40 ohm you probably have a shorted transistor and it will need to be replaced. Test it out of circuit to verify.
                                      the aop605 is in a dip -8 package I have not looked at data sheet but testing is going to be different.
                                      Al.

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                                        the aop605 is in a dip -8 package I have not looked at data sheet but testing is going to be different.
                                        Al.
                                        Too much sun today.

You are correct. I'm getting my threads all mixed up (have 7 tabs open right now). Ignore my previous instructions.

edits below:

Datasheet at

Test S1-G1, S1-D1, G1-D1. Note there are 2 D1s.
                                        Test S2-G2, S2-D2, G2-D2. Note there are 2 D2s.

If my math is right at 12:30am, that should be 12 readings.
                                        Last edited by retiredcaps; 09-03-2010, 12:28 AM.
                                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I knew i would wake you back up. have a good morning.
                                          Al.
                                          Last edited by alexanna; 09-03-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X