This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi I'm colin I live in burntwood UK I'm an electronics engineer and electrical contractor by trade I'm hoping to pick up knowledge about projector repair and share knowledge where I can also

Comment

Hi, I'm Ryan. I am a retired IT Infrastructure Engineer, and an Electrical Engineer by education. I am also an Extra class ham radio operator and instructor. I have an APS HT 1500BR UPS that failed. I found a thread that explains how to fix an APC BR1500 UPS, which seems to used exactly the same circuitry. I just had a power outage while creating this post, thank goodness I have another UPS that my computer is plugged into.

Comment

Hello board, nice to meet you all... I'm a (mainly) software engineer that hates things going to waste and loves saving or transforming old (well, by today's standards) things. Most of the bad caps I've encountered thus far have been in Kenwood mixers, but there's a backlog of broken things in the house and hopefully by being part of the forum I can start to learn about the more complicated ones.

Comment

It's the TV. 40" Sony ... I can't stand the fact that is stopped working; it's got many more miles on it I am sure. So I found you guys. Great place, fun to read. Amazing how this group dives in. I am as software PM, but love to tinker and fix. I am grateful to you all for passing on your knowledge.

Comment

Hey everyone, this is Ric, from Malaysia. I found this forum by searching the web for info and guide on how to fix my laptop with charging problem. Nice meeting everyone of you here !

Comment

Hi to everybody, my name is Michele, im a italian IT sys admin, computer engineering degree but passionate of applied electronics and repairing (repairing is the only way to know a system and the amazing ideas that behind it). Im very happy to bo with us, very quality site Thank you!

Comment

Hello, I am from Turkey Tamer.
                I am doing notebook repair business.
                Greetings

Comment

Hi all,

I guess I'll throw myself into deep waters of this forum.
                  Through years I've noticed that I have passion towards electronics fixing and that I feel super awesome when I get something fixed.
                  What is the best of all fixes usually don't cost a lot but they give you loads of experience and then it gets priceless.
                  This forum helped me loads of times and I can't thank enough to everyone for sharing their knowledge which can't be appreciatiated enough!

Hope to see you all through many more years!

Daniel

Comment

Hi! I am Alessandro, I am a computer science phd student but I studied some electronics in high school. I found this forum searching how to fix a broke tv

Comment

hey badcaps community. happy to be here. I'll do whatever I can to help the community.

cheers

Comment

Thank you for this forum. Having started my tech career by re-capping an MCI 24-in recording console. I blew up my first cap when I put a filter cap in backwards in a tube amplifier power supply - couldn't get the smell out of the lab for weeks!

glad to be here )

Sirwan apple

Comment

Nice intro, thanks for having me. I live way up in the Canadian Arctic and we have no repairmen around that can assist me. I have a 75" Sharp Aquos LC-75N8000U. Beautiful TV and expensive for up here.
                          We get our power from diesel generators and occasionally they power out. One day after a power out, my TV started showing vertical lines that looked very much like the movie The Matrix, however, these were red. In short order, over the span of 30 minutes, the screen went dark and the volume went off.
                          I found a way to actually reset the TV by holding in the select button while pushing it towards the volume with the physical control on the TV unit. Everything came back up normally. Then, approximately 30 minutes later, the TV reverted back to the red matrix and volume and screen off again.
                          Really lost on this and I no longer have any of my equipment to help diagnose the issue further. My best guess is that this is a T-Con board issue perhaps caused by a bad/cheap power bar that didn't do its job during a surge or brown out? Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Andrew Millsap, I am a 24-year-old Bucknell University Graduate who has always had a knack for technology and I.T. whether it was repairing iPhone screens to running unsigned codes on things to soldering wires onto motherboards or repairing components, I have always been fascinated and pretty solid with Tech in general. After being furloughed amidst the pandemic I began taking up I.T. more and more as I took a 6-month course on cybersecurity and attained my Security+ certification. I am currently working towards my Cloud+ and on to different Cloud Service Provider's own certs, i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc. I started a business in July of 2020 and am working on getting it off the ground. What prompted me to start my business was my fascination behind OLED technology. After replacing several MacBook Pro Retina screens and being annoyed at the price, I found an LG OLED 55" B6P panel on FB marketplace and began looking for schematics to figure out how to build this thing out. After due research I began to piece together my first OLED TV for a little under $350 in total. I eventually met up with a reseller from Dallas/Fort Worth and had a sort of epiphany that I could do something really awesome with this technology. So I started my business as sort of a side hustle doing small time Cybersecurity consulting work. Although the real focus of the business is OLED panels and components. I have since taken up repairing OLED TV's albeit Sony and LG mainly. I am working on turning my business into an S-Corp as I have found a business partner who is more on the engineering and science side of things as my main focus has mostly been finance/accounting and business throughout my life. The main reason I have come to BadCaps is that I was prompted by Shop Jimmy a parts seller for different OLEDs and TV's. I have recently come across a few Sony master series Televisions that have been given to me by my associate reseller that I mentioned earlier. I have normally been able to find service repair manuals but for some of these newer models of Sony's I have been unable to acquire or find a service repair manual. I have tried hours searching for one on the web. I am actively working towards becoming a LG Authorized Repair Center, and a Sony Authorized Service Repair Center but they are not accepting applications at the moment. I am kinda stuck as it is a bit difficult to look for parts when you don't have a schematic or part number to go off of. I have tried *********** as well as *************** but have yet to come across anything. If anyone has any suggestions or is willing to help me out I would be nothing short of elated. ******************************************************************. I am actively seeking anyone willing to discuss or lend a hand so please reach out if you have any ideas or suggestions.

I will treat everyone with respect and gratitude and hopefully that will be reciprocated. Looking for some friends on here as well to share new and exciting ideas with. Please don't hesitate to reach out and touch base with me on here. I am friendly and won't bite... I swear!

Best,
                            A.M.
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-30-2020, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Hello
                              My Dell u3011 monitor stopped working all of the sudden after being off for a few month. After some searching it seems like this forum is a knowledgeable place for troubleshooting ps-2201-3-hf power board which is most likely an issue.
                              I have reasonably good troubleshooting skill and okay beginner soldering skills, but not an expert in electronics yet (though able to repair obvious issues).
                              Will post my problem in the correct thread next.

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks to accepting me in this forum.
                                I'm a chemist working in education field, interested in basic electronics and RF devices.

Pierre

Comment

Hello Good morning from the Philippines. I am starting to like electronics so I am here joining this prestigious and disciplined Electronics website. Thank you for accepting me to this site. Keep safe and happy new year to all!

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                    My name is Mahesh
                                    I am from India
                                    I hope to learn a lot from this forum

Comment

I just want to be able to create a thread....

Comment

Hello. I joined this forum because I need help with a computer that has died. I will be posting details in hopes that some can help me with my issue. Thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am very happy to be among you to share my experience in the IT field

Comment

Working...
                                          X