Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Pro 15" 2011

Hi

I've got a macbook pro 15" 2011 with GPU problem. it's restart before the desktop appear.
    I've change the GPu 216-0810005 AMD. After replacement the screen it's green with vertical white stripes.

I've thinking about a fake GPU and i've tried with another one. Same problem.

The i've the same trouble with a lot of Macbook, after replacement the problem it's worsened.

All the pad on motherboard are perfect. No component miss after rework operation.

I'm going crazy, can u help me please?

Thanks Luca

Re: Macbook Pro 15" 2011

Hi
    The shitty Samsung VRAM should have been replaced to also look for any of them small resistor around the gpu that could have fell off very small thay control the data line beside the gpu being fake polished Junk and during the rework Killed it happens also .
    Hope this help
    Techman1025

Comment

Almost every GPU you'll find are garbage. Only see-ic may have some good chips, but need to buy the "new" chips that are expensive. And the GPU will eventually fail again.

As techman1025 issue with VRAM happens too. Should remove the edge bonding when replacing GPU. You could try to reball them if you know the GPU is good.

You may convert to iGPU only but you lose external display support and backlight adjustment in High Sierra.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hi friends

Thanks for your help. I tried all your suggestions without succes.

I've Replaced Vram Samsung, I've replaced 2 times GPu. I've check for missing componets. Problem not solved.

The probem don't change after all these rework, same image to video. Screen blue with thin stripes white. After few time the apple appear on the screen with a light grey box around. (the starting problem was different, the Macbook restar after some minutes of work)

Another motherboard start fine, dong, correct image on the screen. it's change video mode correctly. Before the desktop appear, the motherboard restart. I've made same reworks (I've changed 2 different Gpu and all Vram) . The problem don't change.

I think about Intel Chipset problem, but it's strange.

Please help me..

thanks Luca

Comment

what chipset it have?

Comment

Working...
          X