Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 37bv701b No sound

Hi
    Have Tosiba 37bv701b Has no sound, know main board but has anyone fixed the problem component level?Board number 17MB65-1 20573482
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 37bv701b No sound

How about headphone.
    Sound ?

Comment

There no sound at all mate

Comment

Tried other inputs? scart hdmi and outputs scart composite?
        Tried factory reset? Checked on osd that volume is high and not muted.
        Try muting/unmuting with remote. If speakers are socket connectors examine for bent broken pins. Check for cracked solder joints if soldered and around socket if socket.

Picture is not good enough for troubleshooting does it show the audio chip and connector?
        Last edited by selldoor; 11-07-2014, 08:28 AM.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi
          sound is working on the headphone tried factory reset no luck
          any ideas board 17mb65-v1

Comment

Very common fault bad audio IC on main board requires good skill to replace but about £5 on eBay
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you done a few ic chips willing to give it ago.
              can you post me a link to the part Tom
              thanks again

Comment

I've never done one - Can't remember to be honest. If you search around you can probably find the repair kit for it. It's a common issue on 17MB62 and 17MB45, at least. Possibly on other models too.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Unfortunately that chip not on my board model number 17mb65-1 v.1
                  post pic.

Also does any one know good soldering paste smd chips hot air gun.

rgs marty
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, did you ever solve this problem? I have the same problem on a similar board (17MB65-1 v.2) I'v found a replacement board for £45 but would rather have a go at replacing the audio IC. Where a bouts on the board is the chip? Thanks

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17mb62-2-6...item232d1f194f

Is this the part? Can't seem to see it on my board...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie20v View Post
                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17mb62-2-6...item232d1f194f

Is this the part? Can't seem to see it on my board...
                        Some boards do not have this chip if they are for smaller screen TVs. In which case the fault is probably different.

Comment

Hi solved the problem by doing factory reset, and manual scan for channels
                          then it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by marty-clubber View Post
                            Hi solved the problem by doing factory reset, and manual scan for channels
                            then it worked.
                            This issue is intermittent fault. It's possible you accidentally fixed it and it will come back later. Did you thoroughly test after doing this? I would not expect that to fix it. Unless it was "TV Speaker" off in the user menu. Not sure if Vestel sets even support that.
                            Last edited by tom66; 11-29-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Hi yes tested for few days now it is ok the tv i was working on was the Toshiba 37bv701b, Tv engineer told me on ebay
                              Factory reset in the service menu, Manual scan for channels.
                              Last edited by marty-clubber; 11-29-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marty-clubber View Post
                                Hi yes tested for few days now it is ok the tv i was working on was the Toshiba 37bv701b, Tv engineer told me on ebay
                                Factory reset in the service menu, Manual scan for channels.
                                Old thread, I know, but '+1' for this method. I was dubious but it worked a charm.

Comment

hi gents, how do i access the service menu on 37bv701b please ? as i presume it's not the initial setup you're talking about right ?

Comment

See if this works: Be very careful in service menu, just try the reset, make note of settings before you change any so you can put it back if need be.
                                    This should be the one for lcd tvs.

Press the {MENU} button on the remote.

Highlight the "Picture" icon.

Press the {9} {3} {0} {1} buttons on the remote.

{OK} button will access/navigate through modes

{VOL +}, {VOL-}, {P+} & {P-} buttons move through options and change values

To exit, press the {MENU} button."
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-22-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Another: press the "Mute" button twice on the remote control. Next hold the mute button down and press the "Menu" button on the TV set to launch the service menu. You can exit the service menu by turning off the TV set
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-22-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

A couple more:

Press "Mute" & 'Menu" buttons on the remote control simultaneously.
                                        Press "Menu"' button on the remote control, and enter {4 => 7 => 2 => 5}
                                        Press 'Volume Down' button on the front panel of the TV and press and hold digit '9' on the remote control.

OR

With No Menu displayed on the panel, press 'AV" & "F' buttons simultaneously.
                                        Enter code {1 => 0 => 4 => 8} by the remote control.

Comment

Working...
                                        X