Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: These Rubies genuine?

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    Did you notice that 10000 hours lifetime? I got RT before, it is almost obsolete now, most of the things you have is - that is just point on the reality, don't search nothing more in that please. I still have a few NCC KXG in my hand but after the article about repairig APC CyberFort I just released, I expect high demand which 4 pieces will just not feed.
    Seriously? Since when is a capacitor 'obsolete'? Unbelievable comment and idiotic. I still sell a bunch of this obsolete stuff.... You're wanting to buy caps with 10+year old datecodes, and you're calling my stuff obsolete? Are you off your medication?

OK so all those transistors, ICs, transformers and other things I bought in China are fakes? Well, thanks for the info. But those are great fakes when all the stuff works like charm…
    so? Even the fakes will 'work like a charm'.....for a while...
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

How many is a bunch? Despite doing it only for a year in greater scale, I've already sold/ued almost 1000 pcs of Samxons RS and hundreds of other caps. Having 100+ displays for renovation, I will probably use most of the KYA in just a few months after they arrive.

Yeah, sure, for example AS15-F, Joe the Chinese is insidiously counterfeiting them in his garage. Or the ViPERs 100A. Or the SP8M3. Or the tons of other stuff I bought there.

Topcat, my dear, you have enough…maybe you want to open your eyes and realize not only your country's import already has a negative ration of 450 bilion USD, but that import from China is 318 bilion, which is continuously rising, making them already highest exporter to the US. Chinese also own US bonds for 1,1+ trilion.
      Last edited by Behemot; 03-15-2014, 03:50 PM.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Topcat, my dear, you have enough…maybe you want to open your eyes and realize not only your country's import already has a negative ration of 450 bilion USD, but that import from China is 318 bilion, which is continuously rising, making them already highest exporter to the US. Chinese also own US bonds for 1,1+ trilion.
        Then buy some chinese fakes and quit asking us if they're fakes.....ohh and telling me that my caps are obsolete...........which is asinine. what does china's bond ownage have to do with your retarded assumption that my caps are obsolete, when infact they're newer than the old stuff you're wanting to buy.....I havent read something that dumb in a long time!! You make no sense....if you know everything and china is so great, why are you asking us if the caps you want are fakes?! Ebay being over-run by chinese faked caps is nothing new, yea, those chinese and their counterfeiting sure make the US look inferior.... Well done, Sir! ..and they ARE from china.....I said nothing that was untrue, while you're just making stupid comments.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Topcat nailed the head on that one: various components purchased from china will work for a bit, but are extremely volatile and will prematurely fail at some point. Order from digikey or mouser, not ebay.

And for the record, some chinese counterfit products will explode your equipment if you dare try to use them.
          These here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-IC-FAIR...item5d466e61c6
          Those are counterfeit UA726HCs. Genuine fairchild ones will have *gold* leads. If you use those counterfeit ones, you'll blow your equipment. It's been documented from a few folks.

Don't get me started on the generic AC adapters they sell.... rubbish, messy voltage, etc.

Comment

I've recently obtained the cheapest 5V adapter, 2,5A rated. It did 2,5 A just fine though it was somewhat on the lower side of 5 V with 4,78 or something. But just OK for 2A. It uses some PWM driver with integrated tranzistor for 12 W. After all the messages here how terrible they are, it was interesting to find these are just OK. Especially that I have not found anything like „high quality adapter“ arround for these small powers - everybody sells the same chinese crap. Some of them for the price of high-quality one, but it is the same crap. Seems to me you folks just have problems shopping, that's all. Like if you know the 726s have goldened legs, than why the hell buy not goldened ones.

If you know some good adapters for reasonable price, or somebody who would at least stick good caps inside if I order 100+ pcs, I would be interested but understand this - nobody will buy it if it costs triple (or even more) the price of the cheap one. It won't last three times longer so it is just better to buy three cheapos. Sometimes it takes more than just being clever to the roof. Like considering the overal value where the price vs. function is the most important for the buyers.

It is just funny how you defend digikey and mouser etc. while you have absolutely no idea where they source from. I bet more and more of their stuff comes from China, either that branded manufacturers have their factories in there or they just source from no-name manufacturers as well. I have just recently inspected laptop power supply one local distributor sells here for aprox. 40 bucks. It is the very same one I can get in China for 5 bucks a piece.
            Last edited by Behemot; 03-16-2014, 04:50 AM.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

If you know some good adapters for reasonable price, or somebody who would at least stick good caps inside if I order 100+ pcs, I would be interested but understand this - nobody will buy it if it costs triple (or even more) the price of the cheap one. It won't last three times longer so it is just better to buy three cheapos. Sometimes it takes more than just being clever to the roof. Like considering the overal value where the price vs. function is the most important for the buyers.
              I don't think you quite get this - there are people who don't mind paying more than 3x for something that lasts for 3x the duration. In reality, when I get Rubycon ZL*, I typically pay no more than 2x, for 10x the endurance, and I get peace of mind with the absolute certainty that it's not going to be the cap that fails prematurely on me.

If you want higher quality adapters, what prevents you from buying the cheapies and just upgrading the capacitors? I've done that in the past with generic notebook AC adapters, and it has worked out OK. Adapters cost a lot less than batteries, anyway.

Comment

Behemot, what you don't seem to ignore or not understand is that a Rubycon BXA like the one in the eBay listing you linked to can often be much worse than a 1000h@105c capacitor from any other manufacturer, after it sat in a warehouse or who knows where for 10-15 years, in unknown humidity and temperature conditions.

I'd rather buy a 1000h@105c Nichicon capacitor instead of buying those very old Rubycon capacitors, even if those are genuine.

You want to buy high grade stuff but you don't want to pay the price and that's a problem.. you can rarely have both.

I'd also rather buy some polymer capacitors that are 15-25 cents more expensive instead of searching for capacitors like Nichicon HZ or Rubycon MBZ that I know are no longer manufactured.

It is just funny how you defend digikey and mouser etc. while you have absolutely no idea where they source from.
                To the best of our knowledge, they're authorized distributors for the brands, they get their stuff directly from the factory.
                What you buy is really unknown, it can be fakes, it can be genuine but very old stock, you could buy from a dealer that buys back at low price stuff that remains after production runs from various companies..

That 5v power supply you mention could be stuff made with components that fell on the floor behind the chip shooter (pick and place machine), could be made with parts rejected due to various reasons (didn't pass some tests or scratched), could be made on PCBs rejected for various reasons.
                Last edited by mariushm; 03-16-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Behemot -

I like you, but I have to reinforce the suggestion to not buy caps from China - AT ALL. I only know of one reliable supplier in China, on eBay, but I won't reveal how I know his stuff is legit because I have to protect my sources, and I have only used him a few times for certain kinds of caps. Of course I'm not talking about Joe, his Samxon RS are certainly legitimate and are very reliable.

Having said that, if you are not absolutely 100% certain that the caps you are buying from China are absolutely legitimate, then you are introducing fakes in your supply line that you won't be able to detect yourself in the future and that will lead to inexplicable failures in the future... Imagine the prospect of troubleshooting a quirky PSU that won't start because of one tiny little startup cap you bought off eBay that's keeping the whole thing down.

The LAST kind of cap I would buy from eBay are small caps... I make sure to get all my caps from Mouser, Digikey, or Newark. I also make sure to pay the premium for high-reliablility small caps, but I'm considering experimenting with leaded tantalums because of the exorbitant cost of the high-endurance small electrolytics (I don't like the prospect of paying 50 cents for a 0.22uF decoupling cap).
                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Small GP caps are everywhere around, more and more resellers offer them but not much of the better stuff.

Rather than resellers (not that there can't be any in China!) I bet on somebody who got older stock of caps from some factory making some electronics, who ordered milion of them and they got 50000 remaining. I think that many of the remaining ultra-low ESR caps there (like Panasonic FL) are such. I still got some genuine Rubycons MBZ and FLs in 3300 uF/6,3 V from eBay and will probably look after another ones. The situation is getting worse as there is less and less of them while demand is steady so strange manufacturers go counterfeiting them…

I am playing with the idea of asking some manufacturer what would be the minimum order quantity to make one-time batch of electrolyte and foils for ultra-low ESR caps. Would that be something like 10000 pcs? A milion? Would there be demand enough for that here?

Comment

Why wouldn't you just buy 1000pcs or 10k pieces of polymer capacitors instead and get a good price on those?

ex.

Nichicon HZ 3300uF 6.3v

10 0.92700 9.27
                      100 0.69500 69.50
                      250 0.61780 154.45
                      500 0.52514 262.57
                      1,000 0.46335 463.35
                      5,000 0.41702 2,085.08
                      10,000 0.40157 4,015.70

Easily replaceable with Nichicon LG 1800uF 4v or even Nichicon LG 2700uF 4v

10 1.27200 12.72
                      100 0.95420 95.42
                      250 0.84820 212.05
                      500 0.72098 360.49
                      1,000 0.63615 636.15
                      5,000 0.57254 2,862.68
                      10,000 0.55133 5,513.30

Instead of buying 2200uF 6.3v HN/HZ/FL etc etc, 3300uF 6.3v HZ or MBZ that may be years old or fakes at 80 cents a piece or something like that, just buy 1800uF 4v and buy 1000pcs at $0.63 each
                      Last edited by mariushm; 03-16-2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Does not always work…such high capacities have too low ESR, may be problem for some systems. Anyway, last time I got those Rubies and Pannies, they've been for like 30c. Still can get for 20c http://www.ebay.com/itm/200PCS-3300u...item51b94185c1 I think it may actually be the same seller I got from the first time, not sure. But he even took the effort to measure them, from pictures they seem legit to me, vent and stamp looks fine, printing also looks genuine enough.

Comment

^
                          Theres a town in the Nevada desert that would love you.....
                          Originally posted by that fleabay listing
                          [Case Status] Clean, Obvious scratches or word moved.
                          [Production date] Not earlier than 0610
                          Word moved?! Engrish I assume...and then there's the datecodes, and you call my stuff 'obsolete'.... What is wrong with you? If you want to buy that trash, go right ahead, but quit posting it around here...instead, search here for all the ebay fakes/failures/ripoffs, there's far more of those threads here.
                          I am playing with the idea of asking some manufacturer what would be the minimum order quantity to make one-time batch of electrolyte and foils for ultra-low ESR caps. Would that be something like 10000 pcs? A milion? Would there be demand enough for that here?
                          Best of luck there. When Rubycon discontinued MBZ and MCZ, I approached Panasonic about that very thing. Not being an authorized vendor or a bigtime player (like digikey or mouser), they wouldn't even talk to me. Nichicon minimums were 6-figure, me and a competitor had to go in on several very large orders just to get those.....so best of luck to ya there my friend. I used to get all my Rubycon caps from a contact at the Chicago offices.
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

Topcat - get PSU caps, and I'll be more than happy NOT to refer people to the big three for their orders if they can get everything from your store (I hope you appreciate that I try to point as many people as I can to your store before linking to other places as much as possible).

Is it worthwhile stocking up on PSU caps? no. People are happy enough to re-cap their motherboards, and the MB will probably last long enough through the PSU's abuse to satisfy its lifetime.

If you want to start selling PSU kits, I'd be more than glad to share my BOM lists and diagrams with you.

Don't be too harsh with Behemot, he's a good man.
                            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                              Topcat - get PSU caps, and I'll be more than happy NOT to refer people to the big three for their orders if they can get everything from your store (I hope you appreciate that I try to point as many people as I can to your store before linking to other places as much as possible).

Is it worthwhile stocking up on PSU caps? no. People are happy enough to re-cap their motherboards, and the MB will probably last long enough through the PSU's abuse to satisfy its lifetime.

If you want to start selling PSU kits, I'd be more than glad to share my BOM lists and diagrams with you.

Don't be too harsh with Behemot, he's a good man.
                              Get me a list of brands, values, voltages, and series so I can work on sourcing. If I can get them and stay competitive, I'd be happy to carry them. I have some PSU caps, but that selection is lacking in my inventory for sure....I don't do a lot of PSU rework.....but I know many do....so yea, not a bad idea.
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

Probably the two most common sizes I encounter in power supplies are 2200uF 10V in 10mm dia and 1000uF 16V in 8mm dia.

Assuming all Rubys are still on the cards, having something like this and this in stock would be very helpful.

I'm also fairly certain that there is a variant of the ZL (either ZLH or ZLJ) series with 3300uF 6.3V and 2200uF 16V in 10mm dia (possibly a custom size). Those would be excellent, as Panny FK is about the only series with those sizes.
                                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

CERA2000 only offered my Samwha…I think I'll pass.

Topcat: your PSU offer is obsolete technologically. Each one of those MBZ is better in every way to replace bad caps on MB than your GP Rubycons for PSUs. They are old yet I did not have any single problem with any of them. Hell I am re-using 20 years old caps from old equipment without any problems. If they are of good quality and nobody really bathed them in sea water, they'll be fine. Every single one of those I tested was in spec. Anything else?

c_hegge: you are wrong. NCC makes KYA and KYB in 3300 uF/6,3, we already discussed that. I will have samples of those KYA - soon. Than you can get KZM and KZH in 1000 uF/16 V - I am able to get those for good price, way better than Mouser etc. I also have 800 pcs of KYA 1500 uF/16 V, 1000 uF/25 V and 820 uF/35 V in D10x20 mm (for displays, TVs, set-top boxes, satellite receivers, power bricks etc.) being produced right now with delivery by the end of april.

ADD// seems that I got extra 10 pcs of KXG from local reseller, they probably found them somewhere
                                  Last edited by Behemot; 03-17-2014, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Topcat: your PSU offer is obsolete technologically. Each one of those MBZ is better in every way to replace bad caps on MB than your GP Rubycons for PSUs. They are old yet I did not have any single problem with any of them. Hell I am re-using 20 years old caps from old equipment without any problems. If they are of good quality and nobody really bathed them in sea water, they'll be fine. Every single one of those I tested was in spec. Anything else?
                                    I think yuour brain is obsolete. While I'll be the first to admit my PSU selection is lacking, as badcaps.net focused on motherboards not PSU's, your stupid comments are beyond idiotic. Nothing in my stash is as obsolete as the ebay trash you're wanting to buy.... Try again?
                                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                    Team Stats

Comment

I have no idea what BC is focused on but clearly on the BC forums the motherboard threads are pretty much dead while power supply, especially display and TV threads are crowded. Not surprising as most of the motherboards today use polymers and die because of chipset failure. You may want to notice there is several times bigger market in displays and TVs only (without ATX PSUs) over motherboards.

Comment

I have no idea what BC is focused on but clearly on the BC forums the motherboard threads are pretty much dead while power supply, especially display and TV threads are crowded. Not surprising as most of the motherboards today use polymers and die because of chipset failure. You may want to notice there is several times bigger market in displays and TVs only (without ATX PSUs) over motherboards.
                                        Ohh I've noticed that for sure...but I still get over-run with motherboards. I guess nobody posts about them anymore, they just send them to me or buy caps for them....but to say obsolete, thats absurd. PSU caps, I am open on that one, like I said, my inventory is lacking on those.
                                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                        Team Stats

Comment

I say obsolete cause surely the PX series is so old it will get replaced sooner rather than later with newer one. Even general purpose series evolve over time, I have lot of these older caps digged from one or two decades old stuff caps so I can compare.

What's the manufacturing date of those 3300uF HZ you have there?
                                          Last edited by Behemot; 03-17-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X