Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE55F6800SB

Hi vince
    I have just contacted them and the chap on the phone was asking me to carry out tests instructed from a tech on the shop floor.
    I have sent them a couple of pictures with each ribbon disconnected from LCD and the picture showing the lines. Just waiting for there feed back.

Comment

vince
      Here are the pictures i sent them, as you can see with each ribbon disconnected you cannot see any lines see what you think ?
      Attached Files

Comment

this is a good video ron explains about if the lines are behind or over the menu screen
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8777AzTf8U
        Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-05-2018, 04:49 AM.

Comment

From the pics both processors are SDP1209 (FOX - FT3)

they appear to be the same.
          no need to swap over from what i can see

The problem is in mainboard -cable -t con - screen
          something along that path...

Were you able to locate the service manual for this tv
          that will do away with parts are compaitable 46 - 55 etc..

Comment

in your pictures if you have just the black no signal screen on with both ribbon cables connected what does that full screen look like?

Comment

Yes looked at the video.
              Hi zomi no i have not located a manual.

But i have spoken to Emos repair centre and i sent them some picture of the screen and there tech agrees the replacement T-Con board is faulty they reckon the software on the T-Con board is corrupt. I have sent a email to spairs2repares to see what they say.
              As budm pointed out in the post 75 those lines are not there with the 46" T-Con board.
              I have tried both main boards same lines appear. It is looking like the replacement T-Con board is faulty as you can see from these pictures sent to emos no lines with either ribbon to LCD removed or on test card screen.
              It really looks like it is the T-Con it is just unfortunate that it is all down to luck when sending for parts from salvaged TV's
              Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple of photo's of the screen with both ribbons connected hard to take pictures with out reflection images.
                But if you look at the box around the no signal message you can see where the lines are ?
                It really is pointing to a faulty replacement T-Con board.
                And if you look at the half screen shots there are no lines on the white sides.
                I am not saying the LCD is perfect but i really think it is T-Con and not LCD panel or main board.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have managed to find another BN95-01134A T-Con board from appliancesparepartes but it is a 3 to 5 delivery time.
                  So just another waiting game for that one to arrive and hope that one gives me better results (but still a chance of luck).

Comment

lets hope the replacement board solves it i would of ordered a replacement to rule it out if it was my set i was working on.

Comment

keep in mind that your "test scenarios" still include the same cabling, especially between the main and tcon.

Comment

Originally posted by ronhayes View Post
                        Yes looked at the video.
                        Hi zomi no i have not located a manual.

But i have spoken to Emos repair centre and i sent them some picture of the screen and there tech agrees the replacement T-Con board is faulty they reckon the software on the T-Con board is corrupt. I have sent a email to spairs2repares to see what they say.
                        As budm pointed out in the post 75 those lines are not there with the 46" T-Con board.
                        I have tried both main boards same lines appear. It is looking like the replacement T-Con board is faulty as you can see from these pictures sent to emos no lines with either ribbon to LCD removed or on test card screen.
                        It really looks like it is the T-Con it is just unfortunate that it is all down to luck when sending for parts from salvaged TV's
                        So is EMOS going to send you another replacement?
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

On the main board does the seller accept returns
                          Send the main board back

Also see if you can find someone selling the mainboard to tcon cable.

does the 46" board and 55" board match up for component to component ?

Comment

Yes i am keeping in mind about the ribbon from main to T-Con.
                            Have been looking for one but not seen exact one yet.

It was spare2repairs that i got the BN95-01134A from budm but spoke to EMOS as they have a repair centre which was provided by vinceroger69 and they confirmed that the T-Con was compatible from my LCD number and while on phone they had me carry some test's and confirmed the replacement was faulty. They said that they thought the software on the T-Con was probably corrupt. They did not have one in stock.
                            I have sent a email to spares2repairs but that was the last one they had so will refund me.
                            I think they are very much alike zomi if you look at post 118 i posted a picture of them side by side, have not yet contacted the supplier of the main board was seeing if i had cured TV first but if he won't have it back i am sure i can re-sell it as it is a new board.

Comment

Originally posted by ronhayes View Post
                              Would swapping these processors over maybe repair my faulty T-Con board ?
                              And is there anyone who could do this ?
                              NO, but you have a simple fix you can try...!

1. No doubt the T-CON is faulty!
                              2. You're unable to find a working, exact match, T-CON replacement (at least within you're time frame).
                              3. You have 2 T-CON boards partially working, and the original one faulty.
                              4. The only difference between them is the firmware!
                              5. Exchange the SPI Flash IC » IC13 (winbond 25x40clnig) [see attached picture]

Hopefully, from the what we have seen, you will end up with a fully functioning T-CON.
                              Furthermore, if not, because you're being refunded, you've nothing to loose.

[
                              Note:
                              I won't go into discussion if "they reckon the software on the T-Con board is corrupt", but imo that's hardly the case.
                              Neither this exchange will address that issue, although it might seem to do.

Rather this exchange will the address the wrong firmware version due to wrong Samsung P/N for your panel as pointed out by @budm
                              ]
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by megaraider; 10-05-2018, 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

megaraider
                                Do you mean removing ic13 from faulty BN95-01134A 55" T-Con board and installing it on the BN95-01130A 46" T-Con board to make this compatible for my TV?
                                Or are you saying to install ic 13 from my faulty T-Con to the one in the TV now that has the lines in the picture ?
                                If this is what you mean then if this did not work spares2repair would not refund due to repair work on the T-Con.
                                But to install ic13 from my faulty 55" T-Con to the 46" T-Con would not be a problem as i could still get my refund from them.
                                But having said that i still am tempted to forfeit the refund just to see if this would cure the issue if it is to swap from my faulty BN95-01134A T-Con to the replacement BN95-01134A T-Con that has the vertical lines that EMOS say has a corrupt software.
                                Last edited by ronhayes; 10-06-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Hope it makes sense what i have just asked.
                                  Last edited by ronhayes; 10-06-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Also i have been into the service menu and also the hidden menu but was not very comfortable with what should be changed.
                                    Therefore i came out of the menu's not changing anything !!

Comment

yes

try the ic13 (55) on the 46 board
                                      As boards are same except for firmware

the other board you bought is junk so send back
                                      no point in doing anything with it

Comment

Update
                                        Looking at what megaraider was explaining i thought what have i got to loose and also thank you to zomi for clearing up which board i should install the ic13 from my original T-Con faulty board. I am including a picture of my faulty T-Con board showing how i isolated the close vicinity components while i used my hot air station to remove the ic13. And then did the same on the 46" T-Con board to remove it's original ic13 then cleaned all contacts on the 46"board and soldered on the removed ic13 from faulty T-Con.

I then removed the replacement T-Con from the TV and installed the now repaired T-Con in it's place and proceeded to test the TV to see what my results were.
                                        If i have sorted out these pictures correctly the first should show my Faulty T-Con with the ic13 removed then the second picture should show the screen with the replacement T-Con from (Spares2repairs) which is being returned as faulty. The third picture should show BBC screen with dark back ground as in second picture but third picture not showing any lines like second picture. Then four 'five and six showing TV programs .

I am now really pleased with these results let me know what you think !! I have also removed the labels from my faulty T-Con and stuck them on the newly repaired 46" T-Con board so it is now labelled as a BN95-01134A.

I would like to thank all for their patience with me and all their advice in helping me to get this TV back up and working.

A big thank you to megaraider,vincerogers,budm,zomi, budwich and any one else i may not have mentioned your knowledge and experience is of the highest quality and i am in no doubt i would not have gotten this far without your quality input. Thank you all so much.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

I am glad it all works out, it is always a gamble when buying spare boards, never know what you are getting the so called 'Tested working' board is good or not.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X