Samsung UE55F6800SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE55F6800SB

the colour test picture looks fine i cant recall seeing this fault in any of the other threads lets hope a more experienced member can advise what they think the issue is.

Comment

Yes hopefully they can !!
      The test card picture i can not see any lines hoping this will be a menu issue or software problem ?

Comment

I am thinking this is maybe a ribbon connection issue ?
        And as these lines are across the the whole screen I think it is the ribbon from main board to T-con.
        The only way for me to find out is to try a replacement one.

Comment

Hi Vince
          At least one thing has come from this i was right and the fault was the T-Con board.

Comment

yes you was right its hard too fault find some tvs but usually when you disconnect the mainboard from the power supply on a samsung and the backlight comes on and stays on its usually a mainboard fault but i think we have all learnt now to ask people to carry out the tcon removal test too now. It looks a nice tv lets hope you can fully fix it.

Comment

Yes it is a nice Tv hoping it goes well.
              Yes on most of the threads i had seen it pointed to a faulty main board but at least others have another test they can try to test the T-Con. And no harm done as i have a known good new main board that i can sell.

Comment

Originally posted by ronhayes View Post
                I am thinking this is maybe a ribbon connection issue ?
                And as these lines are across the the whole screen I think it is the ribbon from main board to T-con.
                The only way for me to find out is to try a replacement one.
                If I'm not mistaken, from the video you posted i recall those blurred vertical blue lines weren't there
                Therefore either you introduced the problem by dis aligning the ribbons or the replacement T-CON board did

Comment

in the video ive just re watched the lines are their more sparkly type lines though but certainly there so maybe this is a different issue?
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVlZ...ature=youtu.be
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-04-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Yes it seems they are there but look more sparkly.
                    I have also checked the ribbons and they look correctly seated.

Comment

I am wondering may be this is a fault in the power board ?

Comment

Yes it seems they are there but look more sparkly.
                        I have also checked the ribbons and they look correctly seated.
                        Yes. Thought they were due to poor feed source (scart).
                        Can you recall if they there before this all problem happened?

Comment

Also, to me it they appear to be just (or mainly) blue, and static (as if with memory, i.e. if the image changes they will move).
                          Do you confirm?

Comment

No as when i first had set it was always doing the off/on booting but for short while on looked like sparkly' s on screen.
                            I have took a couple more pictures of darker screen and lines are more prominent in these pictures seeing blue and red.
                            I really think this is from P/S board maybe a faulty cap don't think main board as i have tried both main boards.

Thinking of changing caps in the power supply .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thinking of changing caps in the power supply.
                              imo, if they were random and sparkly only, then it might point to the PSU;
                              But they form a distinct vertical path and therefore PSU caps are not the first, neither a likely, approach!
                              Furthermore, with static saturated color test pattern (20181004_122653.jpg) they aren't (much) visible.

Therefore it's either the T-CON, the ribbons from the T-CON to the display, or, in the worst case scenario, the display itself.

Comment

I suspect the replacement T- con because the first wrong T-con you put in did not cause the vertical streaks like you are seeing on the screen right now with the correct board.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                  I suspect the replacement T- con because the first wrong T-con you put in did not cause the vertical streaks like you are seeing on the screen right now with the correct board.
                                  Nice catch @budm... very assertive

Also comes to my mind that quite often LCD TVs have an option on the secret hidden service menu to set the LCD panel, from a panel list (with Samsung and Sony TVs i've confirmed).
                                  Thus i think you should first check it out

Comment

EDIT ! please ignore this i was looking at the wrong pictures,
                                    in pictures three and four post 75 showing the wrong t con fitted, it still has the sparkly type lines though its a odd fault ive not seen before.
                                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-05-2018, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Thank you budm,megaraider
                                      When you say check it out do you mean go into this secret hidden menu and try other panel settings?
                                      If so how do i do this ?
                                      And would i set the panel as a 46" to see if picture is clear with the 46 T-Con board ?
                                      Or should i find another T-Con board if possible ?

I have included a picture of both my faulty 55" and the wrong 46" T-Con's as you can see they look identical apart from the numbers on the SDP1209 processor .

Would swopping these processors over maybe repair my faulty T-Con board ?

And is there anyone who could do this ?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Morning vince
                                        Yes you are correct pictures three and four do show them but they are the pictures with the faulty 55" T-Con board as taken off my pc screen. But the next two pictures are with the 46" T-Con board as you can see from the explanation given in post 75.

But you did have me going then ha ha.

Comment

Morning vince
                                          Yes you are correct pictures three and four do show them but they are the pictures with the faulty 55" T-Con board as taken off my pc screen. But the next two pictures are with the 46" T-Con board as you can see from the explanation given in post 75.

But you did have me going then ha ha.
                                          i blame lack of sleep lol i should have read the post better but lets hope there is a hidden service menu
                                          regarding a possible faulty new t con thats causing this did you manage to message that ebay seller of the repair service and see what his repair service fixes maybe its this issue?
                                          Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-05-2018, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X