Re: need Help finding replacment Caps

Originally posted by Danked View Post
    for the teapo 1uf 50v dia 5mm (C202)
    would this work
    http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=P10312-ND

I have no idea what Series is and how to check
    Yes that's perfect.

A series is like a model line.
    Usually it's marked on the cap somewhere.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
      I know they're in parallel cause I see the traces, they are in parallel, the meter also says they are
      I'm trying to help Danked with his board.
      He hasn't posted an image of the back side so you couldn't have seen any traces.

Besides which, if they are putting caps of different sizes in parallel they obviously wanted to archive a specific total uF ,,, and there was a reason.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

I have no idea what Series is and how to check
        Most of them are identified already.
        RLS, KZH, PW, KF --- those are the series'.

OST - RLS
        Chemicon - KZH
        Taicon - PW
        Capxon - KF

I can't see marks on the 470uF Taicon or the Teapos in the photos.
        Look on the other Taicon and see where the PW is printed, then look in the same place on the 470uF.

For the 1uF Teapo using FC is fine. The little caps like 1 uF have a different job and they rarely 'work' very hard.

-

- Dr Seuss
        -
        -

Comment

My Sceptre X32GV-Komodo is not powering on properly

took out the power supply and it look like 3 cap are bulging

there Capxon

small one 14mm 470uf 10v
          kf temp 105c
          c642

bigger one 18 mm 220uf 35v
          KF temp 105c

biggest 20 mm 820uf 25v
          SY 105c
          11/06
          T1

Just did those exact caps, 5 bucks at Marvac.com..didnt fix, although the picture DOES come on after about 30 minutes....really. Those were the only ones that were visible bulging. 1st on left and then black one behind tall brown resistor and then the one directly in front of the "twin towers" on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by 68pishta View Post
            Just did those exact caps, 5 bucks at Marvac.com..didnt fix, although the picture DOES come on after about 30 minutes....really. Those were the only ones that were visible bulging. 1st on left and then black one behind tall brown resistor and then the one directly in front of the "twin towers" on the right.
            When it takes time for something to come on, that means the caps have high ESR (equivalent series resistance or ohms). As the cap warms up, the ESR drops allowing the circuit to work.

Now the caps you use for replacements could be the wrong ones. They may be general purpose caps instead of low ESR caps. The difference between the two might be as much as 10x the ESR.

Caps don't have to bulge in order to high have ESR. So you could have more bad caps.
            Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-21-2012, 07:27 PM.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I see some OST in there too.
              OST are ~famous~ for failing without bloating.

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

pics
                http://img830.*************/img830/6248/hpim1706.jpg
                http://img20.*************/img20/690/hpim1701v.jpg
                http://img408.*************/img408/3047/hpim1703.jpg

OST are 1500uf 35v dia 40mm

OST 820uf 35v dia 32mm

OST 47uf 50v dia 20mm

OST 100uf 50v dia 30mm

teapo 1uf 50v dia 15mm

Capxon 330uf 35v dia 35mm

Faicon 2200uf 10v dia 35mm

Faicon 470uf 10v dia 35mm

4700uf 10v kzh dia 40mm (The big purple one)

180uf 450vdc dia 95 mm (big blue one)

CS118 is a CapXon KF 220uf 35V, looks like you may have missed it.
                CS114 is a CapXon KF 330uf 35V and is not on another board I saw for the same model TV?

Comment

well, I did a recap from an online store that sells recap kits. I "tested" every one I took out (as good as I could, generally just using an anolog VOM and watching to see if it goes from short, to a slow rise?? reversed and saw it go past short like it was charged) anyway , they all did that to some degree, but replaced them all anyway. I didnt get the 2 1uf 50V in the kit, and I guess those are hard to test my way, as the one I tested just had a super short (maybe .1 second) and went back to open? So now I have more info. The small transformer right under the large one is making a very high pitched "chirping" noise like a flash capacitor charging up, maybe 4 times a second, and the large transformer is ticking in sync with the chirping. Its almost like listening to a clock tick, but very quietly. I used a stethescope to isolate the ticking. Bad transformer or those little "start up" caps? Ill replace those tomorrow.

Comment

success, I recapped all the large caps and no change, got this "chirping" and clicking sound from the large transformer on the power board so I read a few more articles and found a few success stories by replacing the 1uf 50V "start up" caps (and a 100uf 50 to boot) SUCCESS! Started right up and no more chirping or clicking. time will tell, but so far so good. My store didnt have the correct 1uf 50V caps so I used the 1Uf 100V ones with the leads out the opposite ends and just folded the positive down. Nice!

Comment

What was the brand, series, and temp rating, of the 1uF 100V, cap that you use?

That will determine how long the cap will last.

Comment

Congrats!

-

- Dr Seuss
                        -
                        -

Comment

They were NHT brand VHT1M100's VHT means very high temp? (105c) 1uf 100V. Got them at Frys for like .69 a piece. They were cheaper than the 50's by 1/2 if they stocked them. They were wiped out in the cap section....https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...16421955af.pdf

I guess they dont call the 1uf50's "start up caps" for nothing!

Comment

It should last as lnog or longer than the Teapo. Congrats!

Comment

I replaced two of the bulging caps but it was finally the 1uf that made it work. That is where I would start next time.

Comment

I agree. The last ones I replaced and sure enough the ones that fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X