Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel 17mb82-1a loses memory

Hello,
    someone brought this telefunken branded Vestel tv to me because it wouldn't turn on anymore, I updated it's software and the tv booted, perfect, BUT it can't retain the channels and settings in memory.
    When I turn it on I'm prompted to do a first time setup, I do it (or don't and perform a manual channel scan on only 1 mux), and when I shut it down from the remote the tv's led blinks for a lot of time and then it stops, when I turn the tv on I'm prompted to do the setup again; if I turn the tv on while it is turning off (blinking) the channels and setting are still there; if I unplug the tv the memory is lost.
    Thinking of defective 25q ics I replaced both U10 and U12 copying the software from the original ICs, same issue.
    I have a doubt on the 25q16 ic, AFAIK it should contain the panel infos (I haven't found a downloadable dump for that panel yet), I had to reprogram that IC several times because it would fail (ic content and dump mismatch).
    Where are all the setting and channels stored? Has someone of you faced this issue before?
    Motherboard 17mb82-1a
    panel ves236uneb-02

Re: Vestel 17mb82-1a loses memory

I think that the tv dosen't lose only the channels.
    Try changing few settings. See if the Tv keeps them after you switch them off.

If not try updating the firmware, or reprogramming u10 and u12

Comment

It loses channels AND settings.
      When I turn it on and it asks for the first time installation I can't really check if it saves other settings like picture or audio..
      I tried to do a reset from the service menu too (menu 2547), but it changed nothing.

The firmware version is 0.84 IIRC, I tried 2 25q64 and 2 25q16 already :\

Comment

Yep exactly what I thought. Its a firmware/eeprom related problem. You are not using the correct dumps. And you access the menu by 4725 and not 2547, so try that too.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
          Yep exactly what I thought. Its a firmware/eeprom related problem. You are not using the correct dumps. And you access the menu by 4725 and not 2547, so try that too.
          I always have to try 4725 and 2547..
          I'll search for another dump and try.

Comment

Update:
            I tried another dump and the tv wouldn't start anymore, upgrading from usb makes the tv turn on but I still have the problem, this happens with it's original FW and 2 others I found.
            I went in the service menu and enabled usb logging and found a bunch of these
            Code:
            ice_NonVolatileSyncFiles(1685): FLASH_FILE_OPERATION_STARTED
            ice_NonVolatileUpdateNvFilesLocked(1604): NONVOLATILE_ERROR: fwrite(/3rd/nv/nvblock.bin) failed to update segment(0), nbytes(32768)(4096) -> error(28): No space left on device
            ice_NonVolatileUpdateNvFilesLocked(1639): NONVOLATILE_ERROR: Dirty segments ???
            ice_NonVolatileUpdateNvFilesLocked(1646): fclose(/3rd/nv/nvblock.bin), CRC32_WRITTEN: [0xAB943DE1] 
            ice_NonVolatileSyncFiles(1698): FLASH_FILE_OPERATION_FINISHED
            Somehow the tv thinks it has run out of space OR that the IC is not good OR write protection is enabled

Edit: I do erase (and read to check it's actually empty) the IC before flashing a fw on it.
            Last edited by Acca; 12-07-2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Hi buddy Back cover Serial number Picture Load. I send full firmware

Comment

Any followup?

Comment

I do not know. request in the event of.
                  Last edited by ayhan yılmaz; 12-14-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

my thinking this problem doesn't related to eeprom neither firmware. its RAM issue.

Comment

Proplem 25Q64 spi flash. New 25Q64 New firmware Load. Tv normal ok.
                      Last edited by ayhan yılmaz; 12-14-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Sorry for not replying, I got a little busy in the last few days.
                        I actually don't have the back cover 'cause another dude tried to fix it and didn't succeed and gave it to me.

Strange thing tho, today another technician I'm friend with told me he also has one of this 26" vestel tv with the same 17mb82-1a motherboard and he has the same issues as me PLUS he has some issues on the image, but I think it's unrelated.

@ayhan yılmaz
                        if you have the firmware available if you could just upload them in the dump thread you would be of great help to me and many more guys is the same situation as I am

Comment

Wonder if you got a bad/faulty U10 or U12 replacement IC?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            Wonder if you got a bad/faulty U10 or U12 replacement IC?
                            I tought of that, it would be easier if I was sure where is stored what.
                            The 25q16 contains the panel infos for sure.
                            The 25q64 contains the FW.
                            I don't know where the settings and channels etc are stored.

Recently I fixed another vestel motherboard, a 17mb110 IIRC, the IC was completely empty, I found a FW on another forum (I posted it in the dump thread) and flashed it, when I turned the tv on I still had all the settings and channels; that tv had only the 25q64 tho, no 25q16

Comment

Something there about: Turning off programme update list, its about an lg tv, might not apply to your issue tho. https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...tenna-channels
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-16-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                Something there about: Turning off programme update list, its about an lg tv, might not apply to your issue tho. https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...tenna-channels
                                I always disable channel update and software updates search on vestel tvs.

I'm willing to try another firmware, if ayhan yılmaz decides to post his dumps I'll try them all and report.
                                Maybe this week I'll flash a firmware for 17mb82-2, I can't make things worse for sure

OT
                                LG has had software issues with channels for at least 2 years now, I own a 2017 model and it "forgets" the custom channel order and deletes the channels I had moved, turning off channel update does nothing so in the end I gave up and left it as it is.

Comment

Hi buddy Back cover model Serial number Picture. Pannel no Picture upload. How Many Inches? Upgrade full firmware ok. Recover firmware ok. 17MB82-1 A firmware
                                  Two days later i m send ok.
                                  Last edited by ayhan yılmaz; 12-17-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ayhan yılmaz View Post
                                    Hi buddy Back cover model Serial number Picture. Pannel no Picture upload. How Many Inches? Upgrade full firmware ok. Recover firmware ok. 17MB82-1 A firmware
                                    Two days later i m send ok.
                                    Here
                                    7009580 300511
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi buddy 17mb82 firmware&dump
                                      link 1:recovery_software
                                      link 2:MB82-MB82S_V1.3.7_Core_software
                                      link 3:MB82-dump_U10_U12
                                      link1):http://s3.dosya.tc/server18/pkmm5g/M...tware.rar.html
                                      link2):http://s7.dosya.tc/server11/zxph88/M...tware.rar.html
                                      link3):http://s3.dosya.tc/server18/kfem6y/M...0_U12.rar.html
                                      firstly v1.3.7_core software load.If the tv problem is the same full recovery software load.
                                      I'll be waiting for news from you.
                                      Last edited by ayhan yılmaz; 12-20-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ayhan yılmaz View Post
                                        Hi buddy 17mb82 firmware&dump
                                        link 1:recovery_software
                                        link 2:MB82-MB82S_V1.3.7_Core_software
                                        link 3:MB82-dump_U10_U12
                                        link1):http://s3.dosya.tc/server18/pkmm5g/M...tware.rar.html
                                        link2):http://s7.dosya.tc/server11/zxph88/M...tware.rar.html
                                        link3):http://s3.dosya.tc/server18/kfem6y/M...0_U12.rar.html
                                        firstly v1.3.7_core software load.If the tv problem is the same full recovery software load.
                                        I'll be waiting for news from you.
                                        Good news, I fixed both tvs!
                                        I used (only) the full recovery software (upgrade_loader_nvclean.pkg) to fix em both, now they correctly save channels and settings.
                                        I tried your 25q16 dump on another tv with the same panel but it would go in burn mode (where the screen goes all black,white,red,green,blue in an infinite loop), my dump I had saved works instead.

I have another board now, it works but it has tuner issues, it doesn't detect the RF signal, I'm planning on maybe try the tuner frowm another dead board I have.

Thank you for sharing the files.

Comment

Working...
                                        X