Lg60PK750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg60PK750

I have a LG60PK750 plasma tv. Tv works just fine for about 20min then shuts itself off. Tv will click and turn itself off, and will not respond at all with remote or buttons on set. All voltages are correct while tv is working. seems to me its heat related, any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated. Going to check for bad solder joints.

Re: Lg60PK750

Disconnect the connector going to the Y-sus Bd. Connect two 120Vac household bulbs in SERIES and connect them across Vs and GND on the connector. Apply the ac, the light bulbs should come on. Wait for the 20min time and see if it the bulbs go out or if the all other voltages Va, 12V, 17V. M5V, etc drop out on the PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
      Disconnect the connector going to the Y-sus Bd. Connect two 120Vac household bulbs in SERIES and connect them across Vs and GND on the connector. Apply the ac, the light bulbs should come on. Wait for the 20min time and see if it the bulbs go out or if the all other voltages Va, 12V, 17V. M5V, etc drop out on the PSU.
      Will do, thank you for your response.

Comment

Any luck??

Comment

No haven't done anything as of yet because of Holiday. I will as soon as some time frees up. thanks will let you know.

Comment

No haven't done anything as of yet because of Holiday. I will as soon as some time frees up. thanks will let you know.I had a Samsung set do this a few years back and it ended up a cold solder joint. hope for same!

Comment

Yes, do look for cold solder joints

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                Yes, do look for cold solder joints
                Well found a few questionable joints, hope that takes care of problem, will test after the holidays. thanks for all your help and have a very Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                X