Lg curved oled 55ec930t not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg curved oled 55ec930t not starting

Hi all. Can someone please help me to repair this tv. I am a electrician by trade and have a tv repair shop for after hours.
    The issue with this tv (I have 3 tv's here with identical issues) is when powered on it tries to start but clicks off. There is no activity on the screen. Please some help would be awesome. If it is the power supply, please direct me to the faulty components.
    My warmest regards Dean
    Queensland Australia

Re: Lg curved oled 55ec930t not starting

the unit have probably gone into "lock out" mostly because of a panel issue. There are a few posts on this and how to attempt to get out of it. search lg and oled. Basically after 5 attempts, the system locks out and you need to issue a command from a service remote (or equivalent "audio file" played thru a modded phone with an IR sender jacked into it).

Comment

Ok thank you. I will search posts. NOTE: tv will not start with a service remote. It won't "in start". Same clicking noise

Comment

Originally posted by Dharrop View Post
        Ok thank you. I will search posts. NOTE: tv will not start with a service remote. It won't "in start". Same clicking noise
        start with following trouble shooting from this post and report back your result

Comment

Pictures fam
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have the same problem. tested voltages as per the pdf above and all voltages are present but slightly high.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
              Pictures fam
              Pictures please

Comment

Please see attached pics. I have checked with another multimeter and voltages are ok. I dont seem to be getting 24v to the tcon board. I have managed to get the TV to turn on and stay on (without any picture) and deliver 24v to tcon by pressing the reset button on the main board.
                Attached Files

Comment

In the first picture 20190419_222123.jpg this is where i had the tv turn on by pressing the reset switch. you will notice that the usb is also receiving 5v power.

Comment

I have done a bit more research and everything is ok in the force powr on testing pdf until this line.

NOTE: The Panel 24V is monitored by the Main board. There is a line on the Vx1 cable P11401 pin 20 called
                    MODULE 20V DET. This pin
                    MODULE_20V_line is normally 3.29V when the 24V is normal. If the 24V is missing or low, this line drops, pulling 44 of the Microprocessor low. Then the TV shuts off and logs “POWER_OFF_BY_20V_DET in the Power Off Status in INSTART
                    Menu.

I am not getting the 3.29v

Comment

Originally posted by advancedservers View Post
                      I have done a bit more research and everything is ok in the force powr on testing pdf until this line.

NOTE: The Panel 24V is monitored by the Main board. There is a line on the Vx1 cable P11401 pin 20 called
                      MODULE 20V DET. This pin
                      MODULE_20V_line is normally 3.29V when the 24V is normal. If the 24V is missing or low, this line drops, pulling 44 of the Microprocessor low. Then the TV shuts off and logs “POWER_OFF_BY_20V_DET in the Power Off Status in INSTART
                      Menu.

I am not getting the 3.29v
                      at this point you should don't force the set to power on via PSU while MB connected.

the test pdf you should have the 24V, follow the last chapter of testing by use 1 car Lamps 24V or 2 of 12V. to determine if there issue with T-CON driver or panel killing the 24V.

recommend always doing trouble shooting by stand the set on its legs standing not to lie it down on the panel surface.. its just to be able notice if any light or life come to the panel

Comment

Hi Diah, I have not forced the power on with MB is connected. I followed the attached pdf checking the voltages at each step of the power on process. I have the tv upright. I havent tested the tcon with the car lights as I dont have any on hand, is there something else I could use?

I have unpluged the tcon from the main board and ps and tried to power on but the rely clicking on then off still persists.
                        Last edited by advancedservers; 04-20-2019, 01:55 AM.

Comment

oops forgot to attach pdf..
                          Attached Files

Comment

i think this OLED of sure if ruing will be more valuable rather than 1 USD car lamps , any friend had car will have one or more for replacement.

however from your test i assume you have driver issue which it located on T-CON. take out the metal shield of it and post clear photo of the top and down side

Comment

Hi Diah, yes I agree with you it is worth 1 US, the problem is that it is a public holiday here is Australia and every shop is closed. I will get some tomorrow. Thank you for your help thus far. Please see attached images as requested.
                              Attached Files

Comment

first check the 2 fuses on T-CON are fine before you do the lamp test.

Comment

Hi mate, I have found and tested F2 which is ok but cant find F1.

Comment

the socket coming from PSU you have F on it , and the socket come from MB also had one

Comment

i have search everywhere and cannot find it.. I have check the voltage test points on the mb connector side of the board and I am getting 2.5v on the 2.5v test point and other test points are in spec also but nothing on the psu side connectors

Comment

there is also no 24VD power on connector p202 on the power supply

Comment

Working...
                                        X