Samsung PN59d6500 power cycling issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN59d6500 power cycling issues

I know this is an old topic and I've searched over and over but can't seem to figure it out.

So I got this tv from a friend because he was getting rid of it due to the power cycling. I've been trying to fix it for the past few weeks and can't seem to figure it out and wanted to reach out to see if y'all could help me out a bit.

It'll get past the smart tv logo, run for 3 minutes then shut off.

So to start I followed along with this video https://youtu.be/JjrwTZC5nVg and got all the values it said I should get. When I put it in the color test mode it ran for without resetting it, which means it should've been a bad main board (BN94-04709a). I ordered a replacement from Tvpartstoday and replaced it. The issue was worse resetting every 5-15 seconds. So I thought it might be a logic board. I tried the new logic board with the old main board and the new main board. Same results (3 minutes with old, 5-15seconds with new board).

My only thought is that it could be the power supply board at this point. Or that one of the replacements they sent is bad.

I've looked over the PS board and there's no bulging or leaking at the tops of the caps. Nothing seems apparently bad. Would this be the issue? Do I just need to wait for it to come back in stock somewhere?

I can share pics and any other info needed. Any and all advise will be appreciated. Thanks guys

Re: Samsung PN59d6500 power cycling issues

Sorry for the bump. I'd like to know if I need to look for that board as it is out of stock everywhere. If it comes in stock I wanna get it ASAP if I need it

Comment

Look under the mainboard for c102. Look up c102 on the forum for alot of info.

Comment

I’m having a hard time finding it. Here are the two boards, back and front that I’ve replaced. Is c102 on these? https://imgur.com/a/meL9flG

Comment

It would be on the back of the mainboard, not the logic. There probably isnt one but I would still check.

Comment

The second 2 pictures on that imgur post are the main board. You don't me the Powersupply board right?

Comment

No.

Comment

There are no caps under the main board and I can't seem to find c102 on top.

Comment

main board ic1302 is faulty. not an easy repair. suggest Nickstv repair.

Comment

Thanks. I've reached out to them. Should I try to return and exchange the board I ordered? Is it a faulty replacement?

Comment

run test pattern (leave lvds cable connected & short pins 3-4 on logic bd)
                      if set stays on with test pattern (check display for defects) - bad main bd. You probable got a bad main bd on replacement. most common on these sets.
                      Last edited by ajshoe; 09-17-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I did that and it stayed on. I'll try getting another replacement board from them

Comment

Annnnnd they're out of stock. I asked to see if they can fix it. And said that it's possibly ic1302. But we'll see what happens. They'll refund me if they can't.

How much does nicks chards for board repair?

Comment

Originally posted by rab1dsqu1rr3ls View Post
                            Annnnnd they're out of stock. I asked to see if they can fix it. And said that it's possibly ic1302. But we'll see what happens. They'll refund me if they can't.

How much does nicks chards for board repair?
                            Woke up this morning to same problem. Set stays on for 3 mins 10 seconds working perfectly then power cycles No issues last night. Thinking of buying a new main board or sending this one in for repair. Did you manage to fix your set?

Comment

Yes. Id use Nick's tv. Mine still working perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by ajshoe View Post
                                Yes. Id use Nick's tv. Mine still working perfectly
                                It was your main board? I don't want to waste $100 if that isn't going to be my issue. Does it sound like that is the issue I'm having? 3 mins on then power cycle? TV works fine when on, responds to remote, etc...

Comment

read post #11 again

Comment

read post #11 again
                                    So I'm trying to disconnect the LVDS cable and this thing won't budge... what am I doing wrong? I pinch the black clips on the side but I can't seem to pull the cable out and don't want to snap it.

Figured it out.... I didn't have the flat black clip popped up all the way. I ran the pattern test and the tv doesn't shut down. I guess I need to send this out for a main board repair as the cheapest one I see to purchase is $179. When I send this board in for repair, I only send the board right, none of the wires/connectors?
                                    Last edited by killerz298; 12-16-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

look at the lvds connectpr closely - have to disconnect relief tab first - then squeeze tabs to release. only board.

Comment

look at the lvds connectpr closely - have to disconnect relief tab first - then squeeze tabs to release. only board.
                                        Yup got it now... Test pattern stayed up and tv didn't turn off so I'll try a board repair. Hopefully it saves the TV.

Comment

Working...
                                        X