Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50UH5500-UA - No picture

Originally posted by nwcs View Post
    I found that two of the wires one led- and one led+ were unseated from the power supply. After making sure they were in the tv now has backlight but one side is darker than the other. I hope it is not a bad panel and think it might be a bad tcon. Does any one have a suggestion?
    Looks like half of the panel isn't illuminated. It's not the tcon.

Comment

I only need one bar, someone could give a tip where can I buy?

Comment

I will check at my shop tomorrow and let you know if I have it. Could you give me the Part number of the one you need.

Comment

Nice thread, so in this model it looks like it failed the flashlight test BUT was still a bad led in backlights, that's GOOD info. and should help a lot of people with similar issues.

Comment

I don't even do a flashlight test. If a LED TV fails to turn on without backlight or backlight flashes on power up, I will suspect a bad LED and can probe the LED connection with my LED tester or open it up. LG LN, LA & LB series, Samsung EH and H series, any RCA, Hisense, Haier, or Insignia. Currently 2014 model years are the most common.

Comment

Originally posted by emersonvier View Post
              I only need one bar, someone could give a tip where can I buy?
              The PN 5835-W50002-2P00.

I found in several places complete package (12 bars) around 69$.

Comment

I've had two of these same LG's. Identical symptoms. No image with flashlight. One LED failed open. Unless you are fixing the TV for yourself, I recommend replacing the full set of backlights with NEW. 10% savings at shopjimmy through the end of April. And reduce backlight setting!

Comment

Working...
                X